Former GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist DJ ASHBA Arrested For DUI

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to TMZ, former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist DJ Ashba has been arrested on suspicion of driving drunk. The 45-year-old musician, who was also involved with Nikki Sixx's SIXX: A.M. project, was pulled over on Friday, July 27 in Fairbury, Illinois for failing to stop at a stop sign. Since the guitarist allegedly showed signs of impairment, officers gave him field sobriety tests, which he apparently failed, so he was arrested and taken to jail. Ashba, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck, issued a statement in July 2015 saying that he was leaving GUNS N' ROSES "to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me." Earlier this year, Ashba and his SIXX:A.M. bandmate James Michael launched a brand new project called PYROMANTIC. The duo is putting the finishing touches on an album's worth of music. Sixx has hinted in recent interviews that SIXX:A.M. was over, explaining that he was planning on pursuing a number of different projects in 2018, none of which involve playing in a group.

Guns N' Roses Ex-Guitarist DJ Ashba Arrested for DUI https://t.co/bykb6cIAsm

— TMZ (@TMZ) July 30, 2018

Continue reading...