Former GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist GILBY CLARKE Pays Tribute To PAT TORPEY: He Was 'One Of The...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke has paid tribute to Pat Torpey, calling him "one of the good ones." A founding member of MR. BIG, Torpey passed away Wednesday, February 7 at the age of 64 from complications of Parkinson's disease. Last night, Clarke mourned Torpey's loss, writing in an Instagram message: "Damn, I'm very sad to learn Pat Torpey has passed away. He is one of the good ones... always positive, upbeat and fair. I say fair because we played many softball games together and he was always the voice of reason and the ultimate team player. He was so dedicated to his instrument and band. Every time I went to Mates [rehearsal studio], I would run into him in his practice room. I would always joke and ask if he lived there, 'cause he was there so much practicing. He even played drums with my solo band and I remember adding 'Some Kind Of Wonderful' because he sang it so well. "You are a rare one and you will be missed, Pat. My condolences to your family and bandmates. RIP, brother." MR. BIG released its ninth original studio album, "Defying Gravity", last July. Formed in 1988, the band produced numerous hit songs that ranged across a wide array of rock genres — be it ballads, heavy metal, or blues rock. Their hits included "Alive And Kicking", "Just Take My Heart" and the chart-topping ballad "To Be With You".

Continue reading...