Former THE HAUNTED Frontman PETER DOLVING To Undergo Hip Transplant Surgery

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former THE HAUNTED singer Peter Dolving has announced via his Facebook page that he will shortly undergo hip transplant surgery. "It's hard to describe what a relief this is," he writes. "Six years of endless pain that just had me on my ass. Pain like that, that never, ever, ever, ever goes away. But now I know that I will be close to pain free again, and I won't have to worry about my kidneys shutting down because of the anti-inflammatories and painkillers." "Sure, the doc says I can't do anymore long-distance running. But I figured that out years ago. "So, it's back to active rest and as doing little as possible and I will be back on my big bad feet again. "This feels truthfully relieving. Finding hope, that's not depending on sheer willpower, I say, it ain't half bad." Previously a vocalist for MARY BEATS JANE, Dolving joined THE HAUNTED in 1997 and sang in their debut self-titled album. In 1998, he left the group to concentrate on a band called ZEN-MONKEY but returned in 2003 following the departure of Marco Aro (the vocalist which took over Dolving's spot after Peter's 1998 exit). He has since appeared on the studio albums "Revolver" (2004), "The Dead Eye" (2006), "Versus" (2008) and "Unseen" (2011). Dolving left THE HAUNTED again in February 2012, explaining in a statement that he "had fucking had it with dysfunctional bullshit." He has since been replaced by a returning Marco Aro.

More...