Former TOURNIQUET Vocalist LUKE EASTER Returns With New Solo Project

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Luke Easter, TOURNIQUET's vocalist from 1993 to 2015, recently completed a successful Indiegogo campaign to finance the release of his new solo project. The campaign closed at 117% of its goal, and Easter recently announced via social media that the CD was complete, and that all backer perks had been shipped. Easter's new release, "The Pop Disaster", marks a departure from the progressive tinged metal he had come to be known for from his long tenure as TOURNIQUET's vocalist, instead taking more of a hard rock/power pop approach. "I've always been a pop/rock guy," says Luke. "I know I was in a metal band for almost 23 years, but that's really just one side of me. I love heavy music, but I'm a sucker for a well crafted melody with a big chorus. I grew up listening to MÖTLEY CRÜE, BON JOVI, STRYPER and RATT as much as I did to METALLICA and MEGADETH. This project has given me the chance to show that side of myself as a writer and performer." Produced by Kris Kanoho, "The Pop Disaster" features performances from David Bach (GUARDIAN), Jesse Sprinkle (POOR OLD LU, DEMON HUNTER, BLANK BOOKS), Josiah Prince (DISCIPLE), and a special appearance by former STRYPER bassist Timothy Gaines. "The Pop Disaster" is scheduled for release June 15 in both digital and physical formats. Pre-order information is available at LukeEaster.com. "The Pop Disaster" track listing: 01. Life Goes On 02. How To Die Alone And Broken 03. Sideways 04. As Damaged As You Are 05. After I'm Gone 06. Misspent 07. Sleep

Continue reading...