Former VOIVOD Bassist BLACKY Launches CŒUR ATOMIQUE

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Original VOIVOD member Jean-Yves Thériault (a.k.a. Blacky) has joined forces with fellow bassist Monica Emond in a new project called CŒUR ATOMIQUE. The group's music was written for two basses and electronics and is accompanied on stage by "powerful" film projections. CŒUR ATOMIQUE's debut album called "Landscape of Emergency I ~", will be released on vinyl on July 10. Pre-order it now through coeuratomique.org. The digital format is already available. This album is the first part of the "Landscape Of Emergency" series of releases which address the silencing machine of ignorance of indifference. "Landscape Of Emergency I ~" track listing: 01. Fail Safe 02. Calutron 03. Castle Bravo 04. The Waste 05. Berghof 06. Green Run In a 2015 interview with Thrash Eaters, VOIVOD drummer Michel "Away" Langevin (a.k.a. Away) stated about Blacky's exit from the band: "Blacky didn't agree on how the band should be managed and all that, so we parted ways. And we didn't want the situation to be complicated. I mean, we could have phoned back Jason [Newsted, former METALLICA and VOIVOD bassist] and all that, but that's complicated; it's another set of issues. And we wanted to be able to give each other a call and say, 'Let's jam,' and go to the rehearsal space. So that's what [VOIVOD guitarist guitarist Daniel 'Chewy" Mongrain] told me. He said, 'I know somebody, and I'm sure, sure, sure, sure, sure he can do it.' And I'm, like, 'Great! Let's jam.' And that was it." Blacky was replaced in VOIVOD by Dominic "Rocky" Laroche.
coeuratomiquecd1.jpg
coeuratomiquecd2.jpg

Continue reading...