Former W.A.S.P. Guitarist CHRIS HOLMES' Recording Equipment Allegedly Lost By Finland

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Catherine Sarah Holmes, the wife and manager of former W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes, has issued the following update on the release of Holmes' second solo album, "Shitting Bricks". "Dear Chris Holmes fans, "Unfortunately, and for reasons i know you will understand, I will be unable to release the new album end of September as I promise[d] to you for the following reasons: "We used the services of priority mail in Finland [where Chris recently spent time playing shows with local musicians — Ed.] for send Chris' recording rack [to] France [where Chris and Catherine currently reside — Ed.]. The rack never arrived in there and I even not sure the rack left Finland. The three others boxes with clothes in them, yes, but not the rack. "Result of this uncompetence we paid for: two months with impossibility to work and finish the album. "The post mail in Finland apologized and said they are really sorry for our loss and proposed us to pay back 531 euros for the value of the rack when the value written on the receipt is more than 5000. "When we posted, they assured us that it will be safe and we didn't have to be worry, but by the Finnish law, we couldn't put a amount more than 5000 even if the equipment was worth more than that . "Why ask the value if it is for screw people no matter what? "Today Chris lost all his equipment for recording. I have to come back on my word to you to release the album end of September and this really pissed me off. "We are working right now for find the best way at least give you this album before the end of the year... This is going cost us a lot of money and I will not accept without saying nothing and pay the price for the uncompetence of people who even dont care about the consequences of their actions." Holmes joined W.A.S.P. in 1982 and remained with the group until 1990. In 1996, Holmes rejoined W.A.S.P. and stayed with the band until 2001. Holmes has not played with W.A.S.P. since. Holmes last year released a solo album called "Nothing To Lose". Chris composed, performed, and produced the music and vocals, and teamed up with former MOTÖRHEAD drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor to perform on and engineer the effort. Asked if he would ever rejoin W.A.S.P. if had the opportunity, Holmes told Seiska TV: "Never say never. Never say never. You know?! I'm half of W.A.S.P.; I was half of the situation. Even though I am not the voice [of the band], or whatever, I was the driving force of that thing."

More...