Formula One / Nightwish

seh750

Jun 14, 2010
Beaverton, OR, USA
Any F1 fans out there?

I was watching the Malaysian Grand Prix last night and they show a twitter feed from drivers before the race. Finnish driver Heikki Kovaleinen commented about showing Russian driver Vitaly Petrov "proper" music by playing Nightwish for him.

Nice to know the drivers like great music too!

I am a HUGE F1 fan. I knew Kovalainen was a big Nightwish fan... in fact, he took the band to a few races before (and a tour of the paddock). It was really cool to see.

I am a HUGE F1 fan. I knew Kovalainen was a big Nightwish fan... in fact, he took the band to a few races before (and a tour of the paddock). It was really cool to see.

That's cool. Don't remember seeing Nightwish in the pits on US TV coverage although I can't say I'm surprised...they only seem to point out the US celebrities.

That's cool. Don't remember seeing Nightwish in the pits on US TV coverage although I can't say I'm surprised...they only seem to point out the US celebrities.

I think it was in one of the qualifying sessions... Maybe a Saturday?

What do you think of the season this year? Fave driver/team?

Fave Driver- Kimi Räikkönen, Heikki Kovaleinen
Fave Team- Lotus - Renault

The season so far is good, lots of action, just wish the races didn't come on so damn early in the Morning.

Fave Driver used to be Massa, but his spark apparently is out. F1 is HUGE in Brazil (considered by many as the country's second national sport), so growing up with the one and only Ayrton Senna, I can't help but always rooting for the Brazilian drivers. I hope Bruno Senna develops more as the brilliant driver his uncle once was.

The only Brazilian driver I always hated was Piquet (son) who's in the lower Nascar today...ugh....cant stand him.

Fave team: Ferrari (and Williams close second)

I think this season is going to be one of the most exciting in awhile. It seems there are a number of drivers who have the potential to win, rather than just another Red Bull freight train.

I usually root for Button or Webber. I like the guys who seem to be nice people. My wife likes Rosberg and Raikonen. Wish Raikonen could speak a little more clearly so his interviews didn't put me to sleep, but he's certainly brilliant when he's "on" which unfortunately isn't all the time.

We've been to two F1 races live (and dozens of motorcycle races). Monza in 2003 and Indy in 2006 (or maybe 07). Planning on going to Austin this year.

I hope Bruno Senna develops more as the brilliant driver his uncle once was.

The only Brazilian driver I always hated was Piquet (son) who's in the lower Nascar today...ugh....cant stand him.

It's gotta be tough for Senna to have any sense of normal expectations given his uncle's legendary status. He seems to be progressing well, but with anything less than domination he's going to be labelled as a disappointment.

After the trick the Piquet Jr allegedly pulled a few years back to bring out the safety car to help Alonso, it's sure hard to give him any respect.

It's gotta be tough for Senna to have any sense of normal expectations given his uncle's legendary status. He seems to be progressing well, but with anything less than domination he's going to be labelled as a disappointment.

After the trick the Piquet Jr allegedly pulled a few years back to bring out the safety car to help Alonso, it's sure hard to give him any respect.

Ayrton Senna will always be my hero. I got into Formula 1 when I was 3 years old (no exaggeration), and I think the word "legendary" is probably an understatement at least to me. Ayrton will always be the one.

Bruno Senna is at the beginning. I don't know if he will get to that status (probably not), but he has talent and with a solid car, he can develop to be a top-tier driver. I think Williams will only be positive for him. Definitely better than the HRT he had to deal with last year... :lol:

As for Piquet Jr, yeah... he's a dirty scumbag driver just like his father was back in the day. I hope he never returns to Formula 1 ever again.

i saw the movie Senna, and I thought it was amazing the way they had all of that footage.and it all linked into a story up to his death. I'm not a racing fan,but that movie is one of my favs. because of how it's real, like American Movie (my all time fav.movie),and of course the Anvil movie.

i saw the movie Senna, and I thought it was amazing the way they had all of that footage.and it all linked into a story up to his death. I'm not a racing fan,but that movie is one of my favs. because of how it's real, like American Movie (my all time fav.movie),and of course the Anvil movie.

This is going to sound really weak, but whatever....

I have Senna's documentary, but I haven't been strong enough to watch the whole thing. Already tried twice. :(

If you like that style of movie another interesting one is Faster about MotoGP racers and what they go through. Professional motorcycle riders really beat up their bodies.

I have a particular affinity for motorcycle racing since I spent a couple of years racing at the local level.

This is going to sound really weak, but whatever....

I have Senna's documentary, but I haven't been strong enough to watch the whole thing. Already tried twice. :(

Nothing weak about being who you are and laying it out there for the world to see. I hope you can get to the end sometime, it's a well done movie.