Fortin Modded Marshall Kerry King Head 2203KK (aka Fortin Beast Mod)

DoomBuggi

Insane Person
Jan 12, 2012
Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
skrewofficial.com

Greetings,

Here is a demo for Mod Squad Music http://www.modsquadmusic.com/, using the Painkiller Bridge, and the Marshall 2203KK kindly modified by Mike Fortin of Fortin Amplification.

Edit;

No Post Production done to the guitar tracks. One left, one right. No pedals, just straight in. Enjoy

Signal Chain;

-'91 Gibson Les Paul Studio/Ebony Fretboard
Bare Knuckle Painkiller Bridge Pickup
Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II Neck Pickup
-Fortin Mod Marshall Kerry King 2203KK (aka Fortin Beast Mod)
-Marshall 4x12 1960 Vintage Bottom Cab
Marshall/Celestion Vintage 30's
-Sure sm57
-PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL
-Logic Pro 9

Last edited by a moderator:
Something went wrong at the mastering stage maybe? It's severely distorted dude.

It would have been better if you recorded the amp before it was modded so you could hear the changes the mod made.

Interesting sound, not my sort of thing - sounds like a marshall with a boost in front of it that's adding gain and mids.

Thanks for the post (& video!).

It would have been better if you recorded the amp before it was modded so you could hear the changes the mod made.

I know what you mean, but I bought this amp brand new with the mod from http://www.modsquadmusic.com/. But I think that is a great idea you have there. Even worth tracking down one so I can do a comparison clip. Thanks for the feed back.

Interesting sound, not my sort of thing - sounds like a marshall with a boost in front of it that's adding gain and mids.

Thanks for the post (& video!).

Your welcome. It is an interesting sound, and it does have a similar attack with a boost, but it is really tight, and it retains the thunderous low end. I generally do not use allot of preamp gain, its at about 60%. I like to crank the power amp more these days. I get just enough gain to make the pinch harmonics to squeal when I want them to, but I like a cleaner driven sound. I didn't use a boost on the leads on this recording, but do when playing live.