Found a VST error scanner tool - might be useful

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/vb-audio/us/resources/vst_scanner/vst_scanner.htm

You guys should try and see how it works... I checked it for virus at virustotal.com and it's clean so no worries :) I have built my new studio computer together and I thought I'd try all my plugins to spare myself from head aches in the future, so I googled some and found that tool. All of the quality plugins have passed OK but quite a few "dodgy" plugins made even that VST scanner crash itself. The good thing though, is that when you re-open the scanner, it lists all the plugins you previously scanned, and you can scroll down to see what happened and which plugin crashed it. It does not seem to test any instrument plugins though (VSTi), only VST plugins.

Anyway, so far I have thrown away the following plugins:

AntiAlias
dBlue Glitch
Exciter
GetaBlitchJR
RedShiftPickupReplace 1.07
LiveCut
Wagner Sharp v0.6
MetalMickey

but all other of my 200 or so plugins passed :)

Can't wait 'til my LaCie FireWire card arrives, and then I'll have a chance to try my ProFire 2626!

thats weird, out of all the wagners, 0.6 has been the best sounding and most reliable for me.

thats weird, out of all the wagners, 0.6 has been the best sounding and most reliable for me.

Yeah, but I've heard a lot of people complain about that Wagner version, and it is 0.6 so... wouldn't surprise me if there was something wrong with the code. It certainly hasn't crashed for me in the past, but I'm just not going to take that risk. I want my plugin jungle to be 100% compatible with the VST standards, which that VST scanner tests. Hell, there are so many amp sims today and I never use Wagner Sharp 0.6 anyway so it doesn't really bother me.

I was looking forward to using dBlue Glitch though but since that plugin is considered "worn out" now, I wouldn't mind skipping it :p And it's always more fun to actually do the glitch effects manually by editing!

Yeah i rarely use it nowadays but when I do use it I swear it sounds immense