Found some cool info regarding JFAC's Genesis, straight from Cory Spott himself

Harry Hughes

  ‬‬
Apr 25, 2009
I'm not much a fan of the band to be honest, but hell, it sounded good and the album Genesis is just starting to grow on me a little bit more lately.
I was just lurking around Gearslutz (admittedly I rarely post there though, even though I'm registered there) and this thread had popped up fairly recently and Cory himself chimed in, which I thought was pretty cool.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...2-deathcore-death-metal-drum-replacement.html

Looks like a good opportunity for any fans of the album's sound to ask questions if you're a GS member wanting to find out more about the tracking process.

Wow... the Doom EP wasn't recorded to a click and the drums weren't edited. Pretty interesting.

If I remember correctly you can hear it. Especially on double bass stuff. Years ago I was drumming to the CD and noticed. Says something about how tight the player was since most people don't notice.

Yeah, quite a difference to Genesis where I'm almost positive the drums were edited to hell and back. They used their old drummer who originally left to play post-hardcore type stuff... since when does leaving a deathcore band to play hardcore make you an incredible techdeath drummer?