FRANK HANNON Would 'Love' For TESLA To Open MÖTLEY CRÜE's Tour With DEF LEPPARD And POISON

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon says that he would have loved to have landed the opening-band spot on MÖTLEY CRÜE's upcoming stadium tour with DEF LEPPARD and POISON. Last month, MÖTLEY CRÜE announced that it was coming out of retirement, nearly four years after playing what was billed as the band's final concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The same day, Rolling Stone reported that CRÜE was slated to embark on a stadium tour with DEF LEPPARD and POISON in 2020. The trek was officially announced yesterday (Wednesday, December 4), with JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS revealed as the opening act on all dates. One band which would have been a logical opener for the tour is the veteran Sacramento outfit TESLA, which not only has a deep catalog of hits but also enjoys a close relationship with DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen, who produced TESLA's "Shock" studio album. In a recent interview with Clint Switzer of the "Music Mania" podcast, Hannon said: "I would love to be on that bill with DEF LEPPARD, MÖTLEY CRÜE and POISON. I did hear some rumors that we're going to be out with ALICE COOPER. I would actually, probably, venture to say that would be as fun, too. I heard possibly with LITA FORD. I've heard a lot of rumors on the radar. TESLA was actually scheduled to take a little bit more time off this year. Like I said, I keep hearing some rumors on the radar screen. I'm on the group chat there, texting and the group e-mails and I'm just laying back and letting the management throw some things at us and seeing what's popping up. I really don't know for sure, but I've heard some rumors." Hannon recently released a new solo single, "South Side", which is not only a tribute to his hometown hood of south Sacramento, California but also a homage to the very first band of musicians that Frank played and learned music with as a 12-year-old kid in the 1970s. TESLA is continuing to tour in support of "Shock", which was released in March via UMe.

Continue reading...