Free Headbangers Ball tour tickets in LA

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
On Wednesday, November 19th, this tour - featuring Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, and Shadows Fall - is hitting the Henry Fonda Theatre on Hollywood Blvd in Los Angeles, CA. To get tickets to the show, all you gotta do is GO TO VIRGIN MEGASTORE (8000 SUNSET BLVD LOCATION ONLY) AND PICK UP A COPY OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING 4 CDS:

MTV2 Headbangers Ball Compilation
LAMB OF GOD - As The Palaces Burn
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE - Alive Or Just Breathing
SHADOWS FALL - The Art Of Balance

WITH PURCHASE OF ANY OF THE ABOVE, YOU WILL GET A FREE TICKET TO THE 11/19 SHOW AT THE HENRY FONDA THEATRE.

Taken from Roadrunner Records ...

They will be in SF next Tuesday -- I'll go 'cause Lamb of God is a very cool band to see, although I don't care much to listen to the one CD I have, (New American Gospel?)

I seem to remember an old thread her on TL saying Killswitch... sucks -- I'd like to know what I'm in for with this band and Shadows Fall. See you there!

metalmaiden said:
Dirt which other show are u going too? The one on Friday is the same night at Slayer in SD and I thought you were going to that.
I AM GOING TO LOG WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY.
I WILL SEE SLAYER NEXT FRIDAY AND SATURDAY HERE! NO SAN DIEGO FOR ME!

I WILL BE TAKING PICS AT ALL FOUR SHOWS!!!!

SEE YOU THERE TONIGHT HL AND CAOS!!!

Saw the show last night in SF, man do I feel dated. Some older metalheads, sure, but mostly the crowd wanted KsE and the newer metal sound.

Opening band God Forbid was OK. Then another impressive outing by Lamb of God, as usual, but the next band, Shadows Fall, waved the thrash flag just high enough for me that I'll find some of their music and give it a try. The guy at merch stand at the Fillmore was an ass so I didn't get their CD there.

Killswitch was OK, maybe I was too tired or too drunk but I just couldn't get into it. Seemed that a chunk of the crowd did too, being a Tues. night.

Overall, you thrash fiends might find this worth attending...

Dirt Junior said:
I AM GOING TO LOG WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY.
I WILL SEE SLAYER NEXT FRIDAY AND SATURDAY HERE! NO SAN DIEGO FOR ME!

I WILL BE TAKING PICS AT ALL FOUR SHOWS!!!!

SEE YOU THERE TONIGHT HL AND CAOS!!!

I'll cya next Sat. I'll be in the pit somewhere. Look for me. :)

Back from the show , was actually a really good show. Saw Dirt Jr. , what's up Dirt , did you get up front ? Ok, the bands , God Forbid = eh, they were nothing special. Next up Killswitch Engage ... this band is VERY tight and extremely LOUD , they had a very good response from the crowd , the pit was really moving for this band , probably the loudest band of the night. Next up Lamb of God , very solid set , once again , pit was raging for them , but they were not as loud as the other bands for some reason, still they kicked major ass. Solid set. Last = Shadows Fall , this band is fucking heavy , and lots of "old school" in this band not only on the record , but also live. The crowd by this point was a bit tired (including us) since the other bands before them really got the crowd exhausted. Still , very good reception for them and everyone was headbanging, horns in the air , and major pit. Short and simple "review" if you wanna call it that ... Overall a fun and worth-while show. Ok, I need to wake up in 3 1/2 hours to go to work ....

hiddenlegions said:
Back from the show , was actually a really good show. Saw Dirt Jr. , what's up Dirt , did you get up front ? Ok, the bands , God Forbid = eh, they were nothing special. Next up Killswitch Engage ... this band is VERY tight and extremely LOUD , they had a very good response from the crowd , the pit was really moving for this band , probably the loudest band of the night. Next up Lamb of God , very solid set , once again , pit was raging for them , but they were not as loud as the other bands for some reason, still they kicked major ass. Solid set. Last = Shadows Fall , this band is fucking heavy , and lots of "old school" in this band not only on the record , but also live. The crowd by this point was a bit tired (including us) since the other bands before them really got the crowd exhausted. Still , very good reception for them and everyone was headbanging, horns in the air , and major pit. Short and simple "review" if you wanna call it that ... Overall a fun and worth-while show. Ok, I need to wake up in 3 1/2 hours to go to work ....

Thanks for the heads up HL. Can't wait to see them tonight. I've heard alot of good things about Shadows Fall and can't wait to see them.

GREAT SEEING THE BROS FROM LEGIONS LAST NIGHT.THEY HAD A PHOTO PIT. SOME GUY THAT JUST GOT OUT OF JAIL TRIED TO START WITH ME BEOFRE THE SHOW..I TOLD HIM TO STEP OUTSIDE..BUT SECURITY GOT INVOLVED...WHAT A PUNK!!!!

GOT SOME KILLER PICS..HUNG WITH THE BAND..HERE'S A SAMPLE..THE REST ARE ON THE SITE:
http://www.dirtjunior.com

lamb174