Frequency Changes In Vox

hosnappp

Feb 7, 2011
I love this effect. I'll explain the way it sounds, I'm pretty familiar with it whenever I process dubstep, I do it a lot. But that's in Reason 5 and in Cubase, I'm a bit lost.

You start at the base freq of anything(in this case, vocals). So say I'm screaming or singing at like... a general area of 2k+ and I wanna make it so it low passes dynamically and gradually at the end of a syllable so it sounds like it's just dropping to the bass/muddy freq's. I know Joey didn't produce them but Suicide Silence does it a TON on Wake Up.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...QDw0-h0AQAjvlVFk5DM1YvSsp1oDwTID016s7-Oqbu31w

And something more relevant, Joey does it with all of his pitch shifts, almost... and a lot on The Devil Wears Prada. I wanna know if there is already a VST that does it within Cubase and if not, where a decently priced one is?

Thanks, guys.

Like a Vari-fi effect?

I guess? It's obvious when you hear it. A vocal part sounds normal and then it goes downward like a broken record. Not the tape stop effect, though this does add to it. It's a frequency modulation. But I don't know how to do it with an envelope in Cubase so it's gradual.

High pass and low pass automation is how I would see that happening.
Don't know Cubase well enough to tell you how to make it gradual, really simple in Reaper though.

High pass and low pass automation is how I would see that happening.
Don't know Cubase well enough to tell you how to make it gradual, really simple in Reaper though.

It would seem so, yeah. I'm looking for something with an envelope though, to save time. It's simpler.