From Blabbermouth: Mar. 5, 2007; Vocalist RICK MYTHIASIN Rejoins STEEL PROPHET

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68212

Vocalist Rick Mythiasin has rejoined California metallers STEEL PROPHET. The band is set to begin recording the first songs with Rick in five years. Drummer Gene McEwen will begin laying down tracks for two new songs in about a week. More information will be made available soon.

STEEL PROPHET's last singer, Bruce Hall (AGENT STEEL), joined the band following the departure of Nadir D'Priest, who sang on the group's "Beware" CD (2004, Massacre Records). D'Priest originally joined STEEL PROPHET as the replacement for Mythiasin, who also has a project called MYTHIASIN.

STEEL PROPHET had previously released five records through the Nuclear Blast label and three via Art of Music/Brainstorm.

----------------------------------------------------

I know Blabbermouth is not always trustworthy...
But I would really like to know if this is true.

Let me be clear on this I love the vocals of Bruce and he would
be a good fit. But if this is true and Rick would be back I would
be ecstatic! It would be the best metal news of the last 3 years
and I would jump around like a madman!

Henri

Have No Fear Hawk.. I did reply to your post on Blabbermouth as well (FYI). I am finalizing my drum parts and should be going into the studio in about 7-10 to record the first song and hand it off to the rest of the guys. And while they are working on that I will record the second song. I'm working on killer drum parts to blow every one away. Looking for lots of energy and intricate double bass drumming.

Have No Fear Hawk.. I did reply to your post on Blabbermouth as well (FYI). I am finalizing my drum parts and should be going into the studio in about 7-10 to record the first song and hand it off to the rest of the guys. And while they are working on that I will record the second song. I'm working on killer drum parts to blow every one away. Looking for lots of energy and intricate double bass drumming.

Thanks a lot Gene! Can't wait to hear the new album and I would love to see you guys perform in Europe this summer.

Henri

Where is the party? :danceboy:

Steve said to me at MySpace that something big was coming, I guess now this fit the situation:

Send us a sign
To know you'll come
Send us a sign
Your faithful's here

:Smokin:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! Man, I MUST listen to some appropriate tunes NOW!!!! Oh, how great, how great, how great......

News is we have two songs recorded (keeper drum tracks and scratch/possibly keeper bass/guitar tracks). I will email them to any fans on the board here who want to hear them. Just send me an email to steve@steelprophet.net
`

What a teaser! I dunno I'll wait until you told us at least one song is finished to your entire satisfaction, then I'll ask for it :)

You know guys there seems to be a problem with the sp.net address, please email our myspace site, and include an email address that will accept up to 10MB files. Address below.

http://www.myspace.com/steelprophets

Alright Steve thanks for the files, and now a quick review.

SP1nobass = is pure classic SP, specially on the guitar sound and it's damn metal! Even as an instrumental is kickass stuff, just hearing this I have a TOTAL confidence in the material for the next album, fans are going to be delighted :kickass:

Steel Here = just bass and drums and I like it it's like this prog band Cetriniti. Very strong base, I can't imagine once the guitars and vocals are added.

So far, so good, I guess you guys have another winner on hands. We will wait. Thank you again for let us check this in advance, great way to treat the fans, you deserve much more recognition :headbang:

NP: Sevent Wonder - 'Walking Tall'