From the start, Album opinions, Eagle Has Landed

macc189

Sep 9, 2002
Macclesfield, UK
album05.gif
Continuing the series (albeit very late!) the eponymous live debut.

I got this many, many moons ago and have to say that even though it had mixed receptions I thought it oozed power. Wack it up loud and close your eyes and it really does feel like youre their (a decent stereo system helps a lot here!)
From what I remember of listening to it ages ago was the final destructive powerhouse of Machine gun. I just wish the whole concert was recorded and the album made into a double instead of just the choice picks, this is my only criticism of an otherwise top album.

Nice one, Macc.
I have to say that I am similiar to Mr Crusader on this one. I will always buy Live albums of artists I'm 'really' into, but they are not usually played at the same rate as the studio versions.
However, there are two exceptions - Saxon's 'The Eagle Has Landed Pt 2' and Queen's 'Live Killers'.

The video was better i think for this,which stiil got still a good album.i like live albums.It is good to hear live music true they do mess about abit but still good

You know how much listening to this album has affected you when you see Saxon today. Come on, during Motorcycle Man, we KNOW Biff will whistle that guitar riff, as sure as we know the lyrics. The studio version just doesn't seem right without it!!!

God I haven't heard this album for ages! The production leaves a lot to be desired from what I can remember. But saying that, it's a good album with great songs on it. I agree with Macc, it would have been better if this had been a double live album. The live songs at the end of the 'Wheels Of Steel/Strong Arm Of The Law' CD are from the same gigs (two nights at the Hammersmith) as 'The Eagle Has Landed' album, so the full gig must be knocking about somewhere. It would be nice to see the album re-released with the full concert and better production.

I remember being disappointed when I listened to 'Wheels Of Steel' because they had cut out most of the sing along. In those days the sing along would go on for ages, and used to be very funny! But it is nice to see that the sing along in the last few years is returning to it's original length. Especially at Wolverhampton where it went on for quite a while, with Biff on top form. And it was good to see him really enjoying it! It surely won't be long before Biff starts splitting the crowd into two groups and having a competition again! And then another two nights at the Hammersmith for 'The Eagle Has Landed 3'? Ahhh wouldn't that be nice?!

You do have a point there, BadLad. The live recordings do influence me more than what I initially thought!
Paxo - I agree, live recordings don't seem right as single CDs. It's double for me everyime.
Biff did enjoy himself during the singalong at Wolves, didn't he. I reckon we shocked him by just how much noise a few hundred fans can do!