From The Start.............Strong Arm.....

Dallas 1pm, hungry years, heavy metal thunder, strong arm... nuff said!

pure quality mate!

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
WHAT AN ALBUM, Heavy Metal Thunder, Hell & Back Again, Dallas 1pm, once again not one bad track on it! 3 albums down, every track on each a killer, No wonder Saxon were kings of NWOBHM.

The above statement pretty much sums it all up! Three albums, no dodgy tracks, Saxon WERE the kings of NWOBHM. So where did it go wrong? Well, it probably started with the next studio album!

Anyway, the Strong Arm album. A great album, but not quite as good as WOS in my opinion. The solo to Dallas 1pm has got to be one of the all time top heavy metal moments EVER! Pure class.

It is an all time great.Often overlooked by the press because of WOS.Interesting what Pax says.May if Saxon had waited a bit longer to release this album.SAOTL is the sound of a band at there peak.It would be a long time before these standard woul be reached again.

WILKS said:
It is an all time great.Often overlooked by the press because of WOS.Interesting what Pax says.May if Saxon had waited a bit longer to release this album.SAOTL is the sound of a band at there peak.It would be a long time before these standard woul be reached again.

I thinked they reached the peak and surpassed it with Denim and Leather. A sure rock classic. Nine memorable catchy songs that combined all the good elements of the previous three. To me this was they're "Back in Black", every song was a great. I don't they achieved this high standard again.

PLAY IT LOUD

I think the Dallas 1 pm solo is the best ever... I really love that song and princess of the night coz it reminds me somethings in the past. :headbang:

If ever a song defines a moment then it has to be Play It Loud. This one has it all.I am very surprised it has never been recognized as the anthem that it is. Play it loud in your neighbourhood, was what we were doing when this record came out.

And the Bands Played on:hotjump:

Er............ the Denim And Leather alobum is next everybody.You are suppose to be singing the praises of Strong Arm Of The Law.In saying that good point well made Rockand rolldave.:headbang:

I guess thats why I am still a junior member. Back when I first had Wheels I then came across Strong Arm of The Law. I originally thought SOTL came out before Wheels cause the production to me, anyways, wasn't as lively as Wheels and they had the same year of release 1980. This had me confused for a long time. My 2 disc with Wheels and Strong Arm with the bonus songs is one I always take on vacations. Hey Wilks do know my Brother Rockandrolldave?

Stop Get Out!:hotjump:

All but 'Hungry Years', of course 'Heavy Metal Thunder', '20000 ft', 'Dallas 1 PM', 'To Hell And Back Again'and 'Sixth Form Girls' stand above the rest
erik-rock.gif

NP: Icarus Witch - 'The Ghost Of Xavior Holmes'

I first heard it the b side to and the bands played on i think.The single also had 20,000 feet on it and at the time i hadnt heard SAOTL.Needless to say i saved my pocket money and brought pretty soon afterwards.

Sixth form girls does it for me (oo-er!) but i always felt that wheels and saotl could have quite happily made one double album (oh shit they did didnt they!)