From this interview I just read, I wondered...

Patric

Nov 1, 2001
Disneyland
from metal maniacs, it was. It said that OSFTGH had a sharp DRI feel and also that the general AA sound was influenced by Manowar, Kreator, Virgin Steele and Bolt Thrower. Also some Vs The World songs (For The Stabwounds in Our Backs, Where Silent Gods Stand Guad) had a Florida Death metal sound in the vein of Morbid Angel and Death. Never heard of these comparisions before, do you guys agree with the things written?

SHARP DRI feel wtf is that??? Genereal AA sound was influenced by Manowar etc...........Fuck no! only Bolt Thrower i agree...... And with the V's the world comparisons i totally disagree.....Death, Morbid Angel? Right there, there is two completely different bands..........Metal Maniacs should get there heads checked

Those interviews are based on personal (one person mostl likely)opinions not facts therefore it's pretty much meaningless unless you know that individual very well. But that's just me. I don't even fully believe in the news I read in the papers. There are always little bullshit extrass/personal views added to each article.

I tend to think of the AA sound one of a Bolt Thrower, Entombed, Dismember, Dark Tranquillity (circa: The Gallery or Skydancer) and War-Marching rhythm... a Nord-Germanic war marching rhythm, Also- obviously early viking metal: Unleashed, Enslaved, Bathory, obviously. (Edit in: Also, Necrophobic, now that I think about it)

Oh yeah, and alot of piss-drunk anger... Pride and EMOTION. Not to mention creating a VERY signiture sound of their own, dig it?

fuckin Manowar?... the only Manowar influence is in THE CRUSHER's coverart :p