Frozen Metallica

Lars is so terrible. hahaha. Avery the 7 year old drummer plays Master Of Puppets better. haha.

LOL Ya know, years ago I use to defend Lars, and his performance on the earlier material is awesome(such as Ride the Lightning etc....), but he has definitely became a very lazy and horrible drummer. He doesn't even attempt to do some of the more complicated stuff from the earlier albums anymore. It's so obvious. I'm a drummer myself and even some of my non-drummer friends have commented how bad he has become....Whether it's because he's just flat out lazy or out of shape I don't know. I have some of the very early shows on VHS and he was much much MUCH better then. He was nailing all his fills, etc.... So something has went wrong. He may not have ever been a GREAT drummer, but right now, he's horrible!!

I think he legitimately thinks he's being more "real" as a drummer by phoning it in. Like, he thinks it's some kind of artsy way of playing - which makes it so much worse. Not only is he lazy, but he's pretentious about it.

LOL Ya know, years ago I use to defend Lars, and his performance on the earlier material is awesome(such as Ride the Lightning etc....), but he has definitely became a very lazy and horrible drummer. He doesn't even attempt to do some of the more complicated stuff from the earlier albums anymore. It's so obvious. I'm a drummer myself and even some of my non-drummer friends have commented how bad he has become....Whether it's because he's just flat out lazy or out of shape I don't know. I have some of the very early shows on VHS and he was much much MUCH better then. He was nailing all his fills, etc.... So something has went wrong. He may not have ever been a GREAT drummer, but right now, he's horrible!!

I'm not a drummer either, like some of your friends, but I've noticed too. I use to love the guy back in the 80s...he was very entertaining. Anymore, he's like any average Joe up there. Maybe he started sucking when he sobered up...if he sobered up that is.

I think he legitimately thinks he's being more "real" as a drummer by phoning it in. Like, he thinks it's some kind of artsy way of playing - which makes it so much worse. Not only is he lazy, but he's pretentious about it.

Aeonic, I agree with you. I can picture him in an interviewing saying he's being more "organic" or something.

~Brian~

Not only is he lazy, but he's pretentious about it.

53503-Thor-Upvote-gif--Imgur-BjgE.gif