FS: 1997 American Fender Strat Deluxe Plus

grywolf627

Mar 16, 2006
Houston, TX
I put this on craigslist because I hadn't intended on shipping it anywhere. But if anyone here is seriously interested, I'll look into shipping it:

EDIT: Price has been reduced to $700. Last chance for this price before it goes on ebay.

1997 Fender American Stratocaster Deluxe Plus $750 or best offer.

These models (the Deluxe Plus) were special edition Fenders, like having a Custom Shop edition, but without the price tag.

- Red (bridge), Silver (middle), & Blue (neck) Lace Sensor pickups (the red has a very hot, humbucker-ish type sound)

- Special Fender-Floyd Rose locking tremolo

- Roller nut (ball bearing)

- Locking tuners

- Pearloid pickguard

- Natural sunburst finish

- Maple neck/fingerboard

- Ash body

- Fender TBX (treble/bass cut) tone control on bridge and middle pickup.

For more information on Deluxe Plus models if you don’t know of them, see: http://www.stratcollector.com/scn/models/deluxestratplus.html

The finish is nearly perfect, with only a very light scratch on the back. However, the middle pickup is not working (they can be found new online for $50).

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/940646951.html

1f71491313k73o53l18bo98798371f6171e55.jpg

1151fb13a3k53m13l38bofff631ba10a11b66.jpg

1f61241g33k83oa3lc8bo50ac5f09d74213a6.jpg

Yeah, it's a beautiful guitar, and I kind of hate to part with it. But it's the only way I can get the other guitar I want: http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAS470DXQM to go with my faithful RG550. I want to keep one tuned to Dflat for modern metal and one tuned to E standard for my 80's metal projects. I've still got my Tele for doing bright, clean parts.

I'll trade you some chrome Fender tuners from one of my Strats for the satin ones on yours :)

~006

:)

No one's interested in this, even listed on craigslist...except for asking for an insultingly low price. I guess I'll have to do what I was avoiding and put it up on ebay. I can't buy my new guitar until I sell this.

What's your beef with the 'bay, Mark? Just demand a money order payment so you don't get raped by paypal fees, and they can't pull that "holding your money until the buyer leaves positive feedback" crap

Maybe it´s destiny is not to be sold Mark:lol:

how are the Lace Sensor Pups?? i waný to upgrade the pups on my strat but still don´t know where to go.

What's your beef with the 'bay, Mark? Just demand a money order payment so you don't get raped by paypal fees, and they can't pull that "holding your money until the buyer leaves positive feedback" crap

I really just didn't want to deal with shipping if I didn't have to. Such a pain in the ass. It also means I'll have to set foot in a GuitarCenter to beg for a box. God, I hate that place.

Maybe it´s destiny is not to be sold Mark:lol:

how are the Lace Sensor Pups?? i waný to upgrade the pups on my strat but still don´t know where to go.

Personally, I think the Lace Sensors sound GREAT. They have a very hot output and a nice, sound. That red pickup has fooled a few people into thinking it was a humbucker. In fact, that whole guitar is great...but I'm just really GASSING for that Ibanez with the ZR trem.