FS: 2x EMG 81's

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Ok, so I deleted the backstory that was here, and will cut to the chase. Two EMG 81's for sale; one I routed to try in my Ibanez (but the mounting screws are totally secure), the other has some schmutz on the top of the cover but is otherwise untouched. Each is $70 shipped in the US, and $80 shipped to Europe/South America - take your pick! And I have ONE set of the stuff you'll need to install them in a non-EMG equipped guitar (battery clip, pots, stereo output jack), so that's a first come, first serve deal!

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

You can find screws to direct-mount that are small enough to fit through the threaded hole in the tabs of your pickup hole! Or, when you want to sell the pickup, solder a nut onto the tab with the thread size of the original screws.

Nah, it's not the threading that's the issue, it's the excess black plastic both on the body of the pickup and surrounding the screws that I have to dremel away, so it's irreversible damage (100% cosmetic, but something tells me ebay people wouldn't take my word for it :erk: ) Thanks though!

Sorry for the off-topic but in the second photo... is the stop-tail piece upside down? Is it the way you use to have it or was it for the photo? (now i feel like a curious bitch :rofl:)

Haha, good eye man, it is indeed, cuz it's much easier to get at the screws to adjust intonation when it's facing down! And to anyone interested, the pickups are sold, btw

Oh wait, you said the stop-tailpiece (not the bridge) - no, I just have it that way so it won't fall off when there are no strings holding it on :D

oh... that's a good idea with the bridge though. I'm always fighting to reach the screws :rofl:

About the stop tail, it seems that some people use to have it in that way. It's said that there's more sustain involved... but I believe that you can easily harm the holes by forcing the natural force direction of the strings. I've seen cases where the big screws of the tail piece are like this: \ because of that method.

Nah, they still have the tailpiece the normal way, they just wrap the strings around underneath and over the top (I think Zakk Wylde does, which is why so many others do)