FS: ADA MP-1 Tube Preamp - highly modded 3TM Ultra+ Mod (EU Only)

FrancescoFiligoi

Count Blastula
Nov 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Description: Selling an ADA MP-1 Midi Programmable Tube Preamp. Most famous for being the magic box everyone used in the Shred 'n Heavy 80s/90s days. If you're into early Paul Gilbert, Nuno Bettencourt, White Lion, Skid Row, this thing nails it. Still THE Shred tone imho.

It's a very highly modded version (3TM Ultra+) featuring lots of upgrades, here's a list:

* Fully Modded MP-1 with the ADA Depot 3TM (3-Tube) Mod
* (3) Specialty High-Gain Graded JJ-Tesla ECC83S Tubes
* MOD0.0 (New Revision of the Noise-Mod)
* Battery Mod (New Li Battery and Clip Base)
* Updated EPROM (v2.01)
* New Revision of the Rear Jack Conversion Mod
* New MDRT transformer with higher HT voltage and current mod
* Metal film resistors in audio pad OD1 for lowest noise
* Replacement of U4(OD1) and U17(tonesection) opamps
* High quality replacement caps in audio pad for best sound

More details at this address: http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/mp1 3tm ultra.htm

Contact Info: francesco.filigoi AT gmail.com

References: Lots of stuff sold and traded here and other forums, user "francescofiligoi" on ebay with 100% positive feedback.

Price: 499€, very cheap considered the mods only cost 565€ and the unit usually goes for 200€ or higher.

adamp1.jpg

499 seems a bit steep. I paid only 120 € for my unmodded mp-1
Pretty nice unit though. I'd love to hear that mod

The mod costs 565€ by itself, how is 499€ steep?

120€ is a huge bargain in your case, lucky one :D I've seen many for sale in Europe/Italy and often the price goes around 200-230€.

Bumpz!

don't get me wrong, I know the mods cost that much, but I highly doubt you're gonna sell a used MP1 for 500€...modded or not.
it's weird with modded gear, it always DECREASES the value, even if the mod costs money of course...

but good luck nontheless.

I was actually looking for one like these