FS: Assorted studio/guitar gear

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
As stated, I've got lots of stuff that I don't need anymore, and other new gear I'd like to reinvest into with some of the proceeds from these sales. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in any of this stuff, otherwise it'll be going to eBay eventually. Prices don't include shipping.

Studio:

Digi002R: $475
Crane Song HEDD (48k model): $1,250
Joemeek TwinQ: $600
Presonus Digimax LT: $400
dbx231 2-Series Graphic EQ: $125
Presonus TubePre: $60
Art Pro VLA (not the newer "II" version): $175
Event ASP8 (pair): $450
KRK Rokit8 (pair): $300
Behringer V-Amp Pro: $100
Apple G4 Quicksilver (dual 1 gig): $150
Apple G4 Powerbook (has Narcoleptic Aluminum Powerbook Syndrome): $150
Sennheiser e609 Silver: $75

Guitar:

Line6 FM4 Filter Modeler: $150
Boss RC-20 Loop Station: $125
Danelectro Dan-O-Matic tuner: $25

Not 100% sure if I want to sell the Filter Modeler yet. I haven't used it in years, but I always feel like it might be cool in some situation eventually :lol:

I immediately felt like the ASP8s were a big step up from the KRKs in terms of midrange smoothness, and the low end was a bit more pronounced as well. The EQs were alright, but in my room I always liked them best flat. I've since moved on to the Opals, which slaughter both of them, but I did a lot of good work with the ASP8s before forking out for the Opals, and what I couldn't judge on the speakers alone I was always able to tweak to satisfaction with headphones. I think I paid $650 for the pair originally. What are you using now?

They're actually the generation 1 KRKs, so they look like this:

50584975.jpg

I haven't tried to ship anything of that size and weight overseas...maybe someone else can chime in who has an estimate from experience? I'll call a couple places and see what I can learn, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least $150 though.