FS: ESP LTD MH-1000

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
Picked this up as a project (came without pickups or tuners, had stickers on body and badly needed a fret polish/setup) last month and really, really like the guitar but it's wholly redundant for me. It's literally my third HH, 25.5, mahogany/maple set-neck, TOM/string-thru guitar. Very light and super resonant, straight neck and the frets are in great shape.

LTD MH-1000. Black, pearloid binding, Sperzels, Tonepros string-thru, serial number puts it at an '05. Pics with current pickups:

http://imgur.com/a/ruzUD

It's in good shape aside from two things:
-Neck sanded down, tung oiled. Not the cleanest job around the heel but it feels great and doesn't look too horrible.
-One small ding in the top near the neck pickup route, cracked the clearcoat but that's it.
-Will come loaded with an EMG 81 in the bridge and nothing in the neck. Includes volume/tone EMG wiring harness (solderless) as well as the original 3-way switch (missing switch tip)

Includes ESP case and Schaller straplocks.

Really just looking to get what I paid for it, asking $300 + shipping.

Alright, here are pics with the current pickups since you guys seem so keen:

http://imgur.com/a/ruzUD

Note that I only have one black dome knob for it, sorry for not mentioning that at first. I also found some light scratching below the bridge (pictured) that shows up under a glare. I should also mention that the pickup rings aren't exactly matched; the bridge is slightly beat and the neck is non-angled, and I only have 2 screws for each. I got the guitar without any hardware but the bridge and straplocks, so the tuners/pickups/rings/knobs are all things I've either bought or had in my parts bin.

what would you sell it for without pickups?

Say $260 shipped? Minus the price of a single 81 basically.

For fun, here's what it looked like when I got it:

578284_10150674287118525_518678524_9479428_1563817253_n.jpg

Damn, nice job cleaning that up. I'm curious, what did you use for cleaning the fretboard? I'm working on cleaning my new axe and while lemon oil is a good finisher, I dont think it really gets a deep clean.

Steel wool with the grain, let it soak for 1-2 minutes with lemon oil, scrub with a stiff toothbrush, and use a paper towel to clean off any residual oil. Works really well on rosewood boards, but I'm still perfecting my methods for cleaning maple boards.