FS: Ibanez RGT42FM w/ Edge Pro Bridge, EMG's, Arming Adjuster, etc.

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
Hey guys, it's time for me to part with the oldest of my 3 current guitars, my beloved shred machine, an Ibanez RGT42FM. I've upgraded the holy hell out of this thing, with EMG's (85B, 81N), a Prestige Edge Pro bridge, and an ESP Arming Adjuster (see pics, it basically functions as anything from a total block to just a bit of a stabilizer, and kicks ass).

I won't lie, because of the neck-thru 5-piece maple/walnut neck, even with the mahogany wings it's still a VERY bright guitar, so for rhythms it's not the best, but my god does it snarl and wail with lead playing; all the leads on "Song for my Parents," as well as the guest solo for Wyllie (both of which can be found on my soundclick player on my myspace in my sig) were done with it, among others. Price $500 shipped (includes pictured bitchin' SKB case) in the US; any questions, just ask; I know there aren't many Ibanez fans on here, but I figured someone might be interested in this (IMO) breathtakingly beautiful axe.

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

More pics can be found here.

Oh, and I won't deny, there are definitely more than a few little dings and scratches on the body, but as you can see none are deep enough to show up in pics unless I were to use the flash, get it at just the right angle, etc.

Very nice dude. It would be a nice partner for my Universe but the wife got some other projects for me to spend my hard earned wedge on at the moment :-x

Ah, but the Tremol-no just gives you either fully-floating or downward-only, whereas the arming adjuster lets you infinitely vary in between the two by tightening/loosening the screw on the spring...and Jeff, I picked it up on good ol' ebay when searching for an Ibanez backstop (another variant on the same idea, Vai apparently used 'em for awhile)

Get a Tremel-No...

I have one sitting in my toolbox - not all that great, IMO. Doesn't help with trem flutter, in full floating mode if you dig into the guitar you get an annoying vibration from the shaft inside the other metal piece, and in dive-only mode, there's a very very very distinct metal clang when returning to pitch. It works great when locked down for hardtail mode, but in free floating, it doesn't help at all, and adds that annoying vibration.

Ah, but the Tremol-no just gives you either fully-floating or downward-only, whereas the arming adjuster lets you infinitely vary in between the two by tightening/loosening the screw on the spring...and Jeff, I picked it up on good ol' ebay when searching for an Ibanez backstop (another variant on the same idea, Vai apparently used 'em for awhile)

Thanks dude! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Im going to need to buy this, it would go just great with my RG2570EX, palm bay cyclone and my two USA & mex fenders :D And thats actually some mighty nice playing on the parents song!

What gauge does it currently sport?

I'd snatch this up from you if I haven't gotten an Ibanez S320 w/ EMG81 earlier this year. Wasn't a great fan of finish on the guitar...but I got a killer price on it especially considering the upgrades.

But that is nice axe you got there, I'm sure you're sad to see it go. Unless, of course, you're using the cash for something better ;)

PM replied to Kev! And thanks for the comments on "Song for my Parents," dude - I adore modern metal, but I also have a HUMONGOUS boner for 80s shred, and definitely pride my soloing side as well as my rhythm playing (moreso, actually, I daresay). You're stuff rules as well, I remember being blown away by the accuracy of your "For the Love of God" cover, so keep up the good work yourself man! :kickass: It currently has some (pretty old) D'addario .10-.46's in E standard, btw - I'll leave 'em on for the sake of keeping tension on the Edge Pro, and there's a block in the case that fits perfectly under the bridge for string changes, you should find it quite useful!

Oh, and the above linked photobucket album is now public, for anyone who wants to browse!

And by the way, thanks for the compliments on it guys, I've really loved it over the years, and it only has one flaw that is unfortunately big enough to warrant me moving on - namely, IMO the bar on the Edge Pro bridges is too low to the body, necessitating pretty much pressing it down so the tip hits the body to get a decent dive bomb. Original Floyds and their variants have much higher bars, which I guess is harder to get under your fingers when you wanna pick and dip simultaneously, but I've always found it more comfy (so when I eventually get another shred guitar to fill the great void left by selling this one, it'll definitely have an OFR or high-quality variant). But this is the exact bridge that's on the Prestige models, Ibanez JEM, Satch model, etc., so the quality certainly can't be faulted!

Sweet man, the blue ones replaced the red ones, and I think they're damn sexy as well! Yours also has the sharkfin inlays, right?