FTFD TYPE MIX, annoying frequencies?

sk8ersick666

I need a beer...
Apr 12, 2009
Jersey
www.myspace.com
Hey guys!

Been working on this mix for a bit now. Wanted to get some opinions
I have a problem controlling the top end of the mix, I feel i have a lot of annoying frequencies. any opinions? Also any opinions on any part of the mix would be appreciated.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2429540/RECOVER ROUGH.wav

Again sorry about the .wav file but i lose so much detail with an .mp3, can anyone help me solve this?

I really like that lead tone you got there. Did you you a hi-pass filter on the "rhythms" per say? The panning fiasco in that one part before it slows down is nice. I like when people can use that effect but not overdo it. Like the vocalist for sure. I don't really hear annoying frequencies really. Is there a certain part you are referring to? And the general mix, seems to be missing something, can't pinpoint it, but something. I'm having that issue right now as well. Excuse me for these terms, but could be "umph", or "meat", or "Thick". Not the guitars, not the drums, but just the overall. My drums sound tighter and more together than my guitars, but my guitars are especially having this problem, they sit weird. Your guitars however sit better than mine, but something about the overall is missing. Coming along nicely though, don't have anything negative to say.

Thank you for all the feedback guys!

I was also feeling that slight lack "umth" but my guess this isn't mastered so I'm gonna say that could be it? yes, no, maybe so?, and yeah I did hi/lo pass the guitars, more than I usually do actually.

I see what u mean with the snare, I was a bit torn with the sound I got, I'll try something new and post an updated MP3..lol (maybe is just me hearing things with mp3's)

Thanks again!