Fuck The X-Factor (not the iron maiden album)

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
So, I log onto facebook to see a mountain of status like WATCHING THE X FACTOR ITS FUNY LOL ITS GUD from family, friends, and a whole bunch of people I don't particularly like but have added anyway for fuck knows what reasons.
I've been here before and had this discussion but many times, but am I the only person who is DEEPLY fucking offended by this shit on a fundamental level?
The victorian freakshow still exists, and the UK is tuning in and watching it every saturady night, and watching it proudly. I guess I missed the memo that says exploitation is a good thing now.

Seriously. A bunch of delusional fuckwits get wheeled in to make idiots of themselves in front of millions of people week in week out, and it's their own fault that they're delusional fuckwits don't get me wrong, but it just adds insult to injury.

Then, of course, the Mariah Carey wannabe (or the male equivalent of) inevitably makes it to the final, wins it, and gets the record deal.
Cue the album and the christmas number 1. Cue Simon "I wouldn't know artistic integrity if it hit me square in the cock with a fucking cricket bat" Cowell making a fuck load of money. Cue some poor schmuck having their dream crushed when they're brushed aside to make room for the new series of X-Factor.
As much as I fucking despise that kind of music, it's still some people's dream to be a star, and we all have a right to dream. It's exploitation in the highest form to play on this dream to line some asshole's pockets.

Seriously, FUCK X-Factor and everything it stands for.

Dude, I 100,000,000% agree, that show is pure bullshit, but all my family watch every week.

And something that annoys me even more about that show is that people are just going on there to try and get famous, it's not even about the singing anymore. My family was just watching the Xtra factor, and I saw a couple of people that quite obviously were just trying to get some attention by acting as a loser and singing really bad.

This show is just there to make money, and make fools out of people, nothing to do with finding 'talent' anymore.

lets face it.. they'll all forget about them all in like 2 years. happens all the time! the person who wins x-factor always gets forgotten about afew years after they've won. apart from Kelly clarkson, shes awesome though.

x-factor sells - its generically likable by the public - as long as there's a market (teens & adults too old to do anything else other then watch crap on tv) its going to exist. it allows people to feel that.."that could be me up there" which draws the market in. its clearly a show for non musicians - i think thats why we all hate it!

So, I log onto facebook to see a mountain of status like WATCHING THE X FACTOR ITS FUNY LOL ITS GUD from family, friends, and a whole bunch of people I don't particularly like but have added anyway for fuck knows what reasons.
I've been here before and had this discussion but many times, but am I the only person who is DEEPLY fucking offended by this shit on a fundamental level?
The victorian freakshow still exists, and the UK is tuning in and watching it every saturady night, and watching it proudly. I guess I missed the memo that says exploitation is a good thing now.

Seriously. A bunch of delusional fuckwits get wheeled in to make idiots of themselves in front of millions of people week in week out, and it's their own fault that they're delusional fuckwits don't get me wrong, but it just adds insult to injury.

Then, of course, the Mariah Carey wannabe (or the male equivalent of) inevitably makes it to the final, wins it, and gets the record deal.
Cue the album and the christmas number 1. Cue Simon "I wouldn't know artistic integrity if it hit me square in the cock with a fucking cricket bat" Cowell making a fuck load of money. Cue some poor schmuck having their dream crushed when they're brushed aside to make room for the new series of X-Factor.
As much as I fucking despise that kind of music, it's still some people's dream to be a star, and we all have a right to dream. It's exploitation in the highest form to play on this dream to line some asshole's pockets.

Seriously, FUCK X-Factor and everything it stands for.

Agreed. The X-Factor is nasty, shrivelling and pathetic.

Thats why it makes such compulsive viewing.

worst of all realityshows: "Hogan knows best". I mean when I was a child this guy was my hero. He was beating the crap out of the Ultimate Warrior. And now. Now he's ozzy Osbourne with muscles like todays Schwarzenegger and the brainsize of a flower. thats like telling a 4 years old there is no santa claus. thank you so much.

besides that: we have that show too and I'm always embarassed when I have to find out someone I like wants to watch it.