Fucking Hostile?

emtfhII

POTSHOT APOCRYPHA
Aug 22, 2003
Fuglafjørður
From the Anthrax Facebook page...

"Tonight's Clinic/Show will feature a guest appearance by none other than one Phil Anselmo!!! Might get a little urmmm... fucking hostile so you might wanna get there early!"

I saw DOWN play live on Saturday night. Band sounded amazng. But Phil sounded terrible. Was drinking and smoking like crazy. His voice was completely shot.

But despite that it was a great performance by the band and good energy from a huge sold out crowd

Phil ranted and ranted until the crowd got restless. I typically enjoy Phils rants. But at 45 years old or whatever he is it just doesn't have the same effect as it did when we all were 15 years younger. He looks old and tries to act like he is 18 still. Says the same things. "Give your self a round of applause" "Let me ask you something, when down comes back how many of you are going to come see us again?" " Stop.. Stop.. I am going to try this again, I want to see everyone in this place lose their fucking minds"... "Look at your people, we have played a lot of shows on this tour, you guys are the best crowd of the tour so far!"

But hey good shit. Down is one of the best bands on the planet.

He is the king of frontmen IMHO. Even though his voice was shot to hell, no-one commands a stage and a crowd like Anselmo.

I just ran in to Joey Z from LOA. Now there is a class act. I haven't seen him in ten years and he remembered me and gave me a hug like we're long lost buds. Cool as hell too. I'll post a pic when I get back to DC

AlexStomp said:
I just ran in to Joey Z from LOA. Now there is a class act. I haven't seen him in ten years and he remembered me and gave me a hug like we're long lost buds. Cool as hell too. I'll post a pic when I get back to DC

I met Alan Robert when LOA played with g/z/r, in 95 or so, cool down to earth dude. Drank some beers with the guys from Korn that same show.