Funeral - From These Wounds . . . it will be worshipped around these parts.

Hmmm... I may have to check this one out... I believe it was their Tragedies album that had some operatic-type female vocals that I didn't really enjoy.. even though I wanted to.

In Fields of Pestilent Grief and Tragedies are amazing, classic records. How would they be Funeral without the female vocals?

This is amazing. Seriously, this guy's vocals make the album. Easily better than any post BMD Katatonia. All you downloaders (so, all of you) just listen to Red Moon.

IotS, is Minis Tirith any good? Or at least, are Frode Forsmo's vocals just as stunning?

Minas Tirith, Frode Forsmo's main band. Described as Progressive metal, just thought you might be familiar.

These guys are decent from what I have heard. The thing that kills me is that I have never even heard of Tabu Recordings.

I know of them mainly because they released an Enslaved album or two in Europe...Windir was also on their roster. As for Funeral, listening to When Light Will Dawn now and I'm liking it, especially that somber guitar line weaving in and out...

supposedly the band started as black metal but did the whole In the WOods, Fleurety, Enslaved thing

dunno how good they are though

I really need to check out their new stuff. Tristesse has been kicking my dick in as of late. Who says these compositions are too slow and a path to nowhere? I'll lend you my ears!

This song off of their Beyond All Sunsets demo is breathtakingly gorgeous! Desperately beautiful! Jewtube only has it in two parts though, ho hum.

[Youtube]PWRIdAgKFrY&NR[/Youtube]

Currently downloading their latest, which I didn't even know existed until 5 minutes ago.

adae6afdc76d5ce322c6922cc97db96e.jpg

Have at it! http://www.filesonic.com/file/1108522541

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah tragedies and tristesse are both really great but the new stuff is a bit hit and miss

great feeling but it gets a little samey (actually the old stuff gets a little samey too)