funeral music

YMIR

Scaldic Art
Jan 11, 2002
Nederland
Visit site
Okay, don't understand this wrong, I don't wanna die soon but I was thinking for myself, what music must play on my own funeral??

I don't really know it yet but something from the Blackwater park album of Opeth would be cool. Harvest or The Drapery Falls.

Anyone here who had this thougt too?? And which music would you like to have??:)

So much to choose from...

Well this is some stuff I would be OK with at my funeral :D :

Opeth - Black Rose Immortal
Edvard Grieg - The Last Spring
Skepticism - Sign of a Storm
Ulver - Capitel 5 - Bergtatt - Ind I Fjeldkamrene

but I'll let my siblings decide : )

More important than the music is what kind of ceremony do you want for yourself? You don't want to be interred in a christian ceremony (which seems to be the default if one does not specify otherwise) if you are not a christian. Think about it. ;)

I've been giving a bit of thought to this before.

A viking ship funeral (you know, the burning longship and
everything) would be nice. Or a cremation at the very least. It's
not a nice thought to think of yourself as worm food.
To start the ceremony I should think My Dying Bride - For My
Fallen Angel would be nice, and to finish the whole thing,
Moonsorrow - Sankaritarina.

Ok.. hehe - perhaps a bit too violent even if it's only about 20 secs. long.

Seriously, I would have had Jan Garbarek playing his sax. He's brilliant and much of his music is really emotional . A good choice.
(Every time such a thread is created I answer differently..he he)

I don't care what kind of ceremony people have for me, because really it will be to comfort the people who are sad about me being dead (providing there are some... ;) ).

But I would like to play a goodbye song for them, "The Garden" by Einsturzende Neubauten. It goes: "you can find me if you want me in the garden..."

I used to talk with my mom about this,because I have been close to dying twice,and I told her that I wanted the next songs on my funeral:
At the Gates-Cold
The Crown-Crowned in Terror
Samael-Rain
Nightingale-Deep Inside of Nowhere
Iced Earth-The entire 3cd Alive in Athens