Futures End Debut Album to Become a Collectors Item

FuturesEnd

Sep 12, 2008
First Pressing of Memoirs of a Broken Man to Become a Collectors Item
From time to time, mistakes are made during the madness of the creation, recording, mixing, mastering, and pressing of an album that lead to changes that must be made after the release of the album. We made the mistake of hiring an artist to create our album art that has decided to alter our agreement after the first 1000 copies were pressed. We will not name the artist as we do not wish to give him any press whatsoever for his work, but will say that when it looked to him like we were on the verge of a successful worldwide release, he chose to take legal action in order to extort more money from the band and our label.

Every effort has been made in order to reach a friendly and amicable settlement so that we may continue to use his work on the cover of our record but he has refused any sort of communication short of a mediation in which he plans to punish us financially for our decision to remove his signature from the cover of the album. Why would we remove his signature? Well, it sat in the lower right corner of the CD and in order to make the work fit the proper dimensions of the CD booklet, it had to be cropped out. His signature was very large and upon cropping the work, it left little bits and pieces of his signature that looked like little weeds growing out of the corner of the cover so the decision was made to remove it completely. We were told by the artist that we had the freedom to alter this work in order to make an actual cover out of the work we had paid him to do and never thought twice about it.

We have consulted with our legal counsel on this matter and it has been determined that the artist has the option to push this through an unbelievably expensive and time consuming lawsuit in which if he were to achieve victory his reward would be so small that it probably wouldn't cover the gas money it would take to drive to the courthouse.

This being said, it is pretty likely that the first pressing of Memoirs of a Broken Man will become a collectors item for 1000 lucky Futures End fans out there! There are still a few left and Nightmare Records HAS reduced the price on the album! We want to sell every copy that is left over so we can move past this ridiculous situation.

GET this limited edition copy of our debut album before it sells out, and based on what I am being told, it WILL SELL OUT!

Head over to www.nightmarerecords.com and get this collectors copy right away! It will be something that only 999 other people have, and it will help the band move forward past the silly whims of a greedy artist.

CDW

That sucks! I actually thought the artwork was really awesome. To bad the artist had to decide to be a big dick about the whole thing, though. Just the last thing you guys need is some retarded lawsuit to stink up the works here.

I actually just got done listening to this album (yes, the copy that I bought right after your set at ProgPower - BTW, I heard you guys sold out of those copies there), and still think it totally kicks ass.

So, does this mean that there will be no more pressings of this album?

I guess changing the cover art would be no easy task for any future pressings.

Anyway, you guys did kick ass at ProgPower and looking forward to see you guys aboard the Power Cruise!

Hey man!
Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate it!

Yes, the album will see a second pressing with new art! WHOO HOO!! The new cover was done by Sherry Grandy of SL Grandy Designs and it is KILLER!

We DID sell out of CD's at Progpower. We were very happy about that!

We are thinking about adding some special features to the 2nd release. Perhaps a bonus DVD of our performance at PPUSA will be included.....

Stay tuned!

Christian
Futures End Cheese Grater