Jan 10, 2002
Madison, WI
welcome.to
via e-mail from the store...
"yes of course my friend
i only expect to be closed 2-4 days for the move
i should reopen either April 2nd or 3rd
the new location will be Montrose and Damen
roughly 2 and half miles from the current location, easy to get to and the parkiing situation is better there"

from a Chicago native:

"I was just in there yesterday. Mark says the new store is about 10 feet bigger, more parking(where isn't there?) and obviously, less rent. New address is 2003 Montrose."
Good news! The pilgrimage can occur! :headbang:

Man, you really need to clarify your statements more man..... :lol:

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing.
Bob and I have been talking about this for a while now.
Their "walk in" traffic will be nill to none.

In the age of people purchasing the majority of music online, you really have to wonder if this is a good move or not... Me thinks not...though I could (and hope) I am wrong.

In the age of people purchasing the majority of music online, you really have to wonder if this is a good move or not... Me thinks not...though I could (and hope) I am wrong.

Yeah, for people who already know about it and stuff its better, but as for getting more walk in traffic etc. its not exactly the best move.

And by the way if anyone is planning to go there, there is a bunch of stuff on sale too, and later in the month tshirts and other crap will be like 25% off :p

Impulse Music moved in March of 2005 due to the fact of getting a cheaper cost on the storefront rent. It actually makes perfect sense considering that if the owner can save $300-$400 a month in rent, it will allow the store to continue to exist.

And if Metal Haven has a better parking situation, that can be nothing but good. The main reason I don't/didn't shop there more is because of that. There always seemed to be an issue in getting parking.

Walk in traffic in? In that hood, they all listen to Village People, if you know what I mean.

The new location will be much better, its closer to the L and you can find parking in less than 20 minutes.

the walk in traffic that was going into Haven on the Belmont location was people just killing time and walking in the store to check it out. No one was buying. Now at least people who are buying will be able to park. Still within walking distance for me at least. The location that he almost got was a few blocks from me...that would have been sweet.

Does anyone know what El stop it is off now? I'm planning to buy my tockets from there and I have no idea how to get there now.