G Major vs Nova System

The Rhone

Nov 8, 2006
Bromley, Kent
I had a go on the Nova system floorboard and the quality of the effects blw me away, they were crystal clear, so I am now considering buying one. But before I do I've seen that you can pick up a G Major for less tan half the price.

Are the quality of the effects on the G Major as good as those on the Nova system, or is there any other effects processor around the £350 - £400 worth a try?

When it comes to price there isn't much competition.. the Nova is an awesome effects unit and solid MIDI switch for one decent pricetag. It sucks tone a little bit though.. on an Engl it really exaggerates the pick attack with this really digital sound. That isn't a big deal since I have two FX loops.. but I think its a cool piece on the whole. Its really convenient especially if you have a MIDI head. Otherwise you should probably get a G Major to get the relay switching, but the only G Major I ever had died after two days.

So the Invader 100 has two FX loops but no MIDI control Temps?

It has two FX loops plus MIDI.. I just meant, for rhythms the way it colors the tone is a little obvious. I just use it on cleans and solos when it isn't as noticeable and then switch to my other FX loops to bypass the Nova altogether when I don't want it to change the sound.

Woah just looked into the Nova System, looks and sounds great. Plus its everything included in 1 foot controller, surely this would be easier than lugging a rack mount around?

The Nova system is great, but if it's sucking the tone it's a concern.

I've been using pedals for about 5 years and I love the sound I'm only switching to multi effects so I can build a patch and chop and change between them quickly as I have to sing as too.

#The only way seems to buy a pedal switching system or go via the Pre-amp rack route.