GAMA BOMB Releases Animated Lyric Video For New Single '666teen'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Irish thrashers GAMA BOMB have released a face-melting animated lyric video for new single "666teen". The blistering track is the first single from the band's sixth album, "Speed Between The Lines", due out October 12 via AFM Records. "Speed Between The Lines" was produced by longtime GAMA BOMB collaborator Scott Atkins (CRADLE OF FILTH, SYLOSIS). The album's retro cover art is by New York-based artist Jarred Hageman a.k.a. Chrome And Lightning and Rory McGuigan (Villagers), and the video also features scenes from 1950s public information movies. Singer Philly Byrne stated about "666teen": "The title just popped into my head one night. I'd been listening to a lot of '50s rock and doo-wop, songs like 'Sixteen Candles' and 'Sweet Little Sixteen', and it just kinda morphed into this idea: what if somebody wrote a Satanic teen rebellion song?" Bassist Joe McGuigan on "Speed Between The Lines": "Our aim with this record was keep refining the GAMA BOMB thrash formula. It's got faster and more punky riffing, battling axes and catchy, memorable choruses from Philly, who's back with the Halford / Belladona notes after injuring his voice a few years back." The digital single's cover is inspired by vintage paperback novels, featuring art from James Blish's horror classic "Black Easter". "Speed Between The Lines" is the sixth studio album from GAMA BOMB in 16 years. The album will be available as CD, clear yellow gatefold vinyl (limited to 250 units), turquoise gatefold vinyl (limited to 250 units), clear/red gatefold and vinyl red/black splatter (limited to 100 units) which is exclusively available in the AFM webshop. "Speed Between The Lines" track listing: 01. Give Me Leather 02. A Hanging 03. 666teen 04. Bring Out The Monster 05. R.I.P. U 06. Motorgeist 07. Alt-Reich 08. Stay Rotten 09. We R Going 2 Eat U 10. Kurt Russell 11. World Gone To Hell 12. Faceblaster GAMA BOMB is: Philly Byrne - Vocals Domo Dixon - Lead Guitar John Roche - Lead Guitar Joe McGuigan - Bass, Vocals Paul Caffrey - Drums
gamabombspeedcd.jpg

Continue reading...