Game Of Thrones Cover in the vein of Amon Amarth anyone? :)

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
So I finally started watching Game Of Thrones the other day. I'm only five episodes in but it seems to be a great show. :)

The second I heard the opening titles for the first time I thought they would sound great as an Amon Amarth song. You know, that melody played with sharp 16th notes accompanied by thundering double kicks and the occasional epic tom fill, all that Jazz. Maybe even through in a Hegg-like warcry here and there. :headbang:

Here is the official opening sequence, I hope you can relate to my thoughts from above.

There are quite a lot of GoT-covers on YouTube but as far as I've seen they all focus on the symphonic side of things. So an AA-type version would put a new (and much needed) twist on things.

If anyone's up to it I'm looking for someone that can come up with the guitar parts, preferably in B standard tuning. I myself would like to program the drums for the piece (EZdrummer/Superior). Then maybe someone on Bass tagging along with the guitar player and of course someone to Mix/Master the piece. If we have a true Viking here send us your screams if you like. :)

It would be even more epic if we could get someone in to cut up a little video to accompany the track. I'd REALLY dig some aerial footage of Scotland or maybe New Zealand kind of mimicking the opening sequence in real life, you know? There's lot's of this kind of high-quality footage (shot with GoPros or DSLRs mounted to cheap Quadrocopters or other drone-type aircrafts) out there these days. Maybe someone knows someone that has the rights to any of the kind of footage or the resources to shoot it himself?

So what do you guys think about the idea? Anyone up for it? :)
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to hear one, but this cover is impossible to beat IMO.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9O8ud-BIhs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9O8ud-BIhs[/ame]