Gamma Ray Hell Yeah 2DVD/ 2CD

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
I picked up the new Gamma Ray- Helly Yeah: The Awesome Foursome on 2DVD and 2CD (seperately) this weekend and have to say that it is quite awesome. The 1st DVD encompasses the 2006 2 hour show in Montreal Canada. Real crisp and good clarity on the audio. The camera angles and movement of the cameras is good. They use a lot of split screen on the solos which is a nice touch. The second DVD contains all the bonus material. There are all the Gamma Ray promotional videos they've ever done. A Road Movie in the USA and Canada, A Gamma Ray video history (Historay), Unplugged in Japan, and more songs live in Wacken and Australia. Overall a great 2DVD set for under $20
I also picked up the companion 2CD set. Usually I don't do this but for two reasons I did. First, they tacked on 4 bonus songs at the end of disc 2. These four songs were recorded in Barcelona, Spain on the Helloween/ Gamma Ray Hellish Rock Tour in January 2008. Second and most importantly, Gamma Ray is my favorite band. The four bonus songs are definitely worth the purchase. The sound clarity on this 2 disc package is really sonically perfect. Great!

Also if you're lucky OR have some expendable income The Nuclear Blast Online Shop in Germany has the 3DVD available for purchase. The 3rd DVD contains the 4 bonus songs on the 2CD live. Nice!