04. Into The Storm (3:45)
05. When The World (5:43)
06. From The Ashes (5:30)
07. Leaving Hell (4:20)
08. Real World (5:44)
09. Hear Me Calling (6:45)
10. Opportunity (7:15)
11. Insurrection (11:30)

German power metallers GAMMA RAY have inked a deal with Steamhammer/SPV. The group's new album, "Land of the Free II" (cover artwork), is scheduled for release in Europe on November 19 (November 16 in Germany). The CD will arrive in the U.S. in January.

Commented GAMMA RAY founder Kai Hansen: "Following our previous record company's well-documented restructuring process, we increasingly felt that it would be better to embark on a new course business-wise. The preparations for our joint tour with HELLOWEEN spawned the idea to follow HELLOWEEN's example and work with Steamhammer/SPV in future. We feel certain that this cooperation will give an extra boost to our career."

"Land of the Free II" will be a conceptual continuation of the group's 1995 classic "Land of the Free", and will contain around 65 minutes of music.

Said Hansen: "'Majestic' presented GAMMA RAY's dark side, while its predecessor, 'No World Order', was more of an Eighties-inspired record. This time we wanted to turn our attention to a side of the band that has always been our greatest strength: positive power."

Sounds like they're going back to the late 90s sound, that would be great. Also good news about the label change and the album actually coming out before the tour with Helloween (which I'm of course seeing, nyah nyah!) :heh:.

Oh, and ALBUM COVER OF THE YEAR! :worship:

GammaRay-LandOfTheFree2.jpg

01. Rising Again (intro) (0:28 )
02. To Mother Earth (5:09)
03. Empress 6:22, Rain (5:20)
04. Into The Storm (3:45)
05. When The World (5:43)
06. From The Ashes (5:30)
07. Leaving Hell (4:20)
08. Real World (5:44)
09. Hear Me Calling (6:45)
10. Opportunity (7:15)
11. Insurrection (11:30)

Sounds like they're going back to the late 90s sound, that would be great. Also good news about the label change and the album actually coming out before the tour with Helloween (which I'm of course seeing, nyah nyah!) :heh:.

Oh, and ALBUM COVER OF THE YEAR! :worship:

SOunds to me like they are trying to cash in on former glory days.
What is it with bands and the "Part 2" craze? Mindcrime 2, Abigail 2. Keeper of the Keys 2.
Has the well of inspiration run dry? Or is it a desperate attempt to get some former fans attention?

SOunds to me like they are trying to cash in on former glory days.
What is it with bands and the "Part 2" craze? Mindcrime 2, Abigail 2. Keeper of the Keys 2.
Has the well of inspiration run dry? Or is it a desperate attempt to get some former fans attention?
I would tend to agree and it works nearly everytime:lol:

Well I can't say every sequel cd sucks though,I actually liked a few songs from Operation Mindcrime 2.
I was just curious if there are any lame cds from Gamma Ray? Is most of their early stuff shreddish and proggy?