Garbage guitar tones

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
I was listening to Marilyn Manson the other day and it occurred to me that using that so-called "nu metal" sort of sissy guitar tone might sound good for an intro on one of my tracks. Just one, promise :oops: ... Anyway, do any of you know what kind of amp/cab etc is good for that sort of sound?

Sorry for being vague.

I think for "weird/intro" sounds it's cool to get creative with whatever options you have lying around. POD XT or Guitar Rig are both great options for crafting things like this. Generally, more mainstream-oriented music is less discriminating about getting well-voiced metal guitar sounds. Hell, try going into a Metal Zone straight to your mixer input, get something really sterile and goofy sounding. Or take your regular sound and run some crazy EQ on it. Lots of ways you can go here.

Metal Zones are only good for those really awful sounds, so it probably would work pretty well. For that Entombed/Dismember Sunlight Studios sound, however, it's all about the Boss Heavy Metal HM-2 pedal, not the Metal Zone. Just crank all those knobs and run it through a Marshall or something similar, and there's your tone. For Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse, I believe they also used the HM-2, running direct into the board. Gives that ultra fizzy but really cool distortion. What a phenomenal pedal, I love it.