Gary Holt/Slayer

So, he plans on recording and touring with both bands at the same time? That's going to be tough. I hope he can pull it off.

Personally I don't like Slayer, but Gary Holt is one of my favourite thrash guitarists, and I loved the old exodus stuff. I saw exodus live @ Wacken, but I couldn't stand it. The vocals are not thrash, and definatelly not for an old school thrash band...

PS: Anthrax_Mosher, where is your sig (the one with the band logos) from? Was wondering what Ratt is doing among all those thrash bands ;P

Personally I don't like Slayer, but Gary Holt is one of my favourite thrash guitarists, and I loved the old exodus stuff. I saw exodus live @ Wacken, but I couldn't stand it. The vocals are not thrash, and definatelly not for an old school thrash band...

PS: Anthrax_Mosher, where is your sig (the one with the band logos) from? Was wondering what Ratt is doing among all those thrash bands ;P

I made the sig. Maiden, Skid Row, & Priest aren't thrash either.

Gary Holt has been touring with Slayer for 3 years. I already have tickets to see them in Detroit. I fully expect the show to be great. I enjoyed seeing Exodus with Anthrax on the Metal Alliance Tour. Putting the two bands together for a performance would be awesome. They can always open with Exodus then have another band play then go to Slayer if Holt needs a breather.

The real unanswered question is what will a new Slayer record sound like? It will probably sound similar. I hope it is great. It might even suck. Only time will tell.

Seen Slayer in concert last night. They played a sort of classics set list and rocked hard for 90 full minutes. Great show. They also played Strike of the Beast. :)