Gary Holt

I'd like to know what he thinks of the vocal tracks Dukes recorded for "Let There Be Blood". A very good friend of mine (28 years) did the recording...

Also curious who his all-time favorite guitarists are......as well as a ballpark release date for Atrocity Part 2.

Thank you.

Ask him why in HELL did they re-record a classic like "Bonded By Blood"?

Ask him why in HELL did they re-record a classic like "Bonded By Blood"?

I think you (and Gary) answered that question in your other thread. :Smug:

"After many years in the planning and discussion stage, we have finally completed the re-recording of "Bonded By Blood." We have decided to call it "Let There Be Blood" and it is our way of paying homage to [original singer] Paul Baloff by showing how relevant these songs we had written together still are. We aren't trying to replace the original, that's impossible anyway. We are just giving these songs the benefit of modern production. It's something we talked about before Paul's death and it's always been important to us to do. We were super excited about entering the studio once again to record these classics, and now it's back to writing the next studio record!"

I think you (and Gary) answered that question in your other thread. :Smug:

Still makes no sense and it´s a pile of crap IMO. Like PM74 said quoting Lucas, you don't mess with the originals, tribute to Baloff... :zombie:

What's next re-recording of "Paranoid", "Overkill", "Stained Class", "Ride The Lightning", "Walls Of Jericho", "Wheels Of Steel", etc? You simply don't mess with originals, remastering them sometimes is bad enough, now re-recording, pleaaaassseee :rolleyes:

Believe what you want, but Gary is the one who will have to answer if it doesn't do well. Whether he's truly paying homage or not, he did say he's been thinking of doing this since before Baloff passed away.

I have confidence that Dukes will do a great job on this. He grew up a huge fan of the album and his voice is similar to Baloff's, only with more power and better timing. I'm sure he wants to do it justice.