"gayest" music you jam too, but won't admit too...

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
This thread could be fun, if people are honest. OK, here goes, I'm coming out of the closet: I love fucking 80's Duran Duran. When I was a kid, they were huge, and I had all of the 45's (bonus points to anyone who remembers those) Then, later in the mid to late 1990s, when I was dating an exotic dancer, she liked to "fuck" (sorry to be crude, but I don't know if love making, or sex or any other word applies, we fucked, and what fun it was) to Duran Duran songs - she had a particularly cool move during "the reflex" anyone else listen to music that they would never let anyone know about?

God, this sounds like an AA meeting. I listen to Duran Duran (when I was in puberty, they always had the hottest chicks in thier videos) as well as Depeche Mode, The Cure, New Order, and The Smiths, all pretty gay bands. As far as current bands go, I listen to Blur, which is probably pretty gay. Also, I think "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5 is one of the greatest song ever. I don't know if that's gay or not, but it's definately not metal. I will now turn in my punk credentials....

j

Okay, my sister was in high school in the 80s, while I was in elementary school. She made me learn how to breakdance so I could teach all her lame, uncoordinated friends. But since we shared a room, I was exposed to everything she had going on, such as Menudo, New Edition (nearly shit herself over their reunion attempt), Duran Duran, New Order, Depeche Mode, Prince, Michael Jackson (YEARS of MJ, as he was called), and all the crap 80s one hit wonders. In fact, since rock radio sucks, I've switched to the 80s station. But then, she found hair bands. Let me tell you, Poison, Warrant, Trixter, Hardline, pretty much everything Metal Sludge exists to make fun of. Name a cheesey band, I know at least one of their songs. But I usually have to be drunk to admit it. As for currently, I listen to the 80s station, but the few CDs that I bother listening to, most are Anthrax and none are gay. My gay listening is done for free. :D

Probably creed

I'm still young so I still have to have some popish music here and there, to keep up with my friends, that's probably as poppy as I go. There's some rap in my collection too but I don't see that as "gay" music. It's more like something you shouldn't do than a homosexual thing.

Well, lets see....... I think DURAN DURAN's "Ordinary World" is one of the best ever.
Skid Row. I will always listen to SKID ROW! I personally believe that "'Sebitchtian Blech" is one of the best vocalists around.
!Viva la hair band!
VANILLA ICE or V-ICE as he's known now...his album "Hard to Swallow" is more hardcore metal than you'll ever know. ( i say this b/c I know you won't go through the embarrassment of puchasing this cd. lol)

And for years my brother thought I was a total fag b/c I was REALLY into QUEEN. I haven't met a metal fan who didn't like QUEEN, but in GA., if your listening to QUEEN , then you are one.

Christ, my brother still listens to Bryan Adams like he's going out of style! Now, that's pretty gay to me.

Freddie Mercury may have taken the cucumber up the wrinkled chocolate star, but there is nothing inherently "gay" about Queens music. Their 70's stuff was pure hard rock at it's finest, rivalling even the mighty Zeppelin, and in the 80's they managed to have a pop sound without ever having to sell out or change thier image (ala KISS or Aerosmith). So even though they were indeed writing pop music, it wasn't a delibirate sell out attempt (no big hair, no flourescent tights etc.) Queen stayed current with class, the way Van Halen did with Hagar. Even in Queens poppy 80's era, they wrote more heavy songs than any hair band could ever imagine - "Tear It Up," "Hammer to Fall," "One Vision," "I Want it All," "Innuendo" you get the point. Thanks for bringing up Queen, I haven't listened to them in a rather long time, and I plan on enjoying them this evening.

Hmm, I'm sure I like a LOT of stuff you all might find "gay"
I like
Oasis
Sting
Robbie Williams
Sinatara
Elvis
Elton John
Billy Joel
Naughty By Nature
DMX
P Diddy
Blink 182
Sum 41
Kenny Rodgers
Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash (hes bad ass)
Moody Blues
Mr Mister
No Doubt
I could go on but I won't.
You allready think less of me now...

Oasis are great. Billy Joel is the American Elton John. I had a 90minute round trip commute last week to a program, and I listened to "The Stranger" all the way thru a few times!!!! And Elton, holy christ, how many great songs have he and Taupin written??????? My family and I go see Sir Elton Hercules John every time he is playing a venue within driving distance. I've seen him with just himself and a piano, and I've seen the whole band together. Both are fucking amazing.

PS: Elvis is the king, and that about sums it up. I happen to like fat Elvis more than early Elvis.

I listen to Duran Duran too. I just read that the entire original band is back together recording their new album. I've always loved Andy Taylor's guitar playing so I can't wait.

my fave non metal artists

david allan coe country redneck
shania twain (do i have to say anything else hahaha)
mandy moore i admire her because she is trying to do something different than britney and christina
u2 hit after hit after hit
queen brian may just brilliant!!!!!!!

What is "gay" music? For instance, I love The Beatles (do you dare call them gay?). I never was into Duran Duran and this stuff. Erasure are actually gay! But their ABBA cover "Take A Chance On Me" was pretty sweet. And yes, I LIKE CREED. That's maybe because I am European, they are not big in my country and considered "underground". You don't want to hear most of czech pop bands who get airplays, let me tell you.
I listen to lots of blues, hip-hop and soul stuff, too. And The Cranberries, of course.

I listen to more country than I can even type here, but I don't consider that to be gay. The last Oasis I bought was Morning Glory, but I'm sure they've done something since then. I LOVE Queen. My husband has it so bad for Kylie Minogue it makes me want to puke, but he's never heard any of her songs. :lol: I'm from Long Island, so Billy Joel is a given. I don't think any less of you Cincy-my dad has taken me to see both Kenny Rogers AND the Highwaymen. Garth Brooks opened up for Kenny Rogers on one of the many tours my dad saw, and he got autographed pictures for him and my mom from Garth, and came home ranting and raving about this "new guy" that was gonna be huge...no one listened to him, then like a year later everyone knew who Garth Brooks was. U2 aren't my favorite band in the world, but they're good. I listen to OLD Skid Row from time to time, but anything after Slave to the Grind does nothing for me. Slave was their best album ever, in my opinion. BTW, I hate Elvis, early and fat. :D