Gearheads i need some opinions!

RandyShreds

New Metal Member
Feb 27, 2011
Milford, NH
www.facebook.com
im finally getting some cash flow going so im looking to upgrade my gear 10 fold.

i play guitar for my band and almost 99% of it is leads, what amp would be good for this material live? www.facebook.com/deadocean

as youll hear most of the leads have reverb on them which ill be using my pedals for obviously. but i really have no idea what head + cab combo would suit ME best and get a good sound live.

other than playing leads i have to go into alot of heavy parts so my idea right now is

Peavey 6505+ or 5150 ii
Orange 4x12
or
Mesa 4x12
or
Soldano 4x12

thats really all ive been looking into as of now, so could you dudes help me out? opinions, tips, or feedback is appreciated! thanks!

First off, I'd probably go with a Mesa (or Mills) 4x12 over the Soldano or Orange as an all purpose metal cab, though the Orange's mids could help your leads cut through a little better than the Mesa.

As far as heads, there are tons of great high gain amps out there. My faves (based on my experiences recording and live with all of them):

VHT/Fryette Pitbull Ultra-Lead (my fave, but you've gotta be a tight player)
Peavey 5150 / 5150II / 6505 / 6505+
EVH 5150 III
Mesa Dual/Triple Rectifier
Bogner Uberschall
Marshall JCM800
Krank Revolution Series One

Also, if you're using lots of effects I'd definitely recommend getting an amp with an FX Loop (which most of the amps I suggested above have) - just FYI.