GENE SIMMONS Is Open To Playing With PETER CRISS And ACE FREHLEY At ROCK HALL Induct

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
RollingStone.com spoke to KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons about the band's upcoming induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of FameAsked what lineup of the band is going to play at the induction ceremony, Simmons replied: "Well, KISS is Tommy Thayer, Eric Singer, Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. It's like, if you introduced me to your wife and I go, 'Wait, where are all the other wives?' It's like, 'Yeah, I was married to them and now I'm here.' You can argue that point and we'll figure everything out as time goes on. This one is for the fans. If the fans didn't care, we wouldn't be here. If it meant nothing to them, we wouldn't be here." Regarding whether he is open to the idea of playing with Peter Criss and Ace Frehley that night, Simmons said: "Sure, why not?... They were equally important in the formation of the band. When you have kids with your first wife, you give kudos. The fact you got remarried doesn't delete or minimize the important. Hey, 'You have gave birth to this thing, KISS, with Ace, Peter, Paul and Gene.'" When The Pulse Of Radio last caught up with Paul Stanley, they posed the question as to what members of KISS should be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should the band finally be voted in. "Well, that's a really good question," he replied. "We would — y'know, it obviously would be something to think about if and when it happened. There've been a lot of people who have been a part of this — some longer than others, some adding less than others, and some who deserve recognition more than others. So, it would be something to think about."

More...