GENE SIMMONS Met With Unfavorable Reception

S

someGOD

GENE SIMMONS Met With Unfavorable Reception While Filming Reality Show [Hot Flashes - 05.06.10 14:19:28]

All Headline News (www.allheadlinenews.com) has issued the following report from Hector Duarte Jr.:

London, England (AHN) - GENE SIMMONS met with an unfavorable reception during filming for a new reality show, featuring the long-tongued KISS bassist teaching classes at a posh English music school, Christ's Hospital.

Located in West Sussex, the school funds bright children from poor backgrounds.

A student-run blog was inundated with negative knocks aimed at the aging rocker. From his hair extensions to his arrogant swagger, no nuance went unmentioned.

The Guardian reports that in one entry, titled The Barrel is Duly Scraped, the writer emphasizes how the rocker's constantly tired look spoke volumes of his burnt out career and the dark glasses he was donning were used more for hiding the bags under his eyes, rather than as a fashion accessory.

Another entry decried the musician's praises of money and stories of 4,136 sexual conquests as pathetic.

The entry states, "Yes Gene, we have people like you in Britain too. They are locked away and given a healthy dose of medication."

The program, Rock Star, finds Simmons as a music teacher, who invades the Christ's Hospital music school, in an attempt to turn classically trained students into rock gods.

In the end, ten students will be chosen as winners who will perform a show as the opening act for rock icons Motorhead at London's Hammersmith Apollo.

Next month, the winners will travel to the states to perform with Simmons.

PINK FLOYD To Reform For London Live 8 Concert [Rock Hard - 05.06.12 11:29:55]

The following report is courtesy of Reuters:

Four members of seminal British rock band PINK FLOYD will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

The rock legends will join a star-studded line-up including VELVET REVOLVER, ELTON JOHN and PAUL MCCARTNEY at the Live 8 concert in Hyde Park, organised by activist rocker Bob Geldof to pressure rich nations to ease African poverty.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," said Gilmour.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

The band released their first album The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn in 1967 and broke records with 1973's The Dark Side Of The Moon, which remained in the American album charts for more than a decade.

In the 1980s relations between Waters and the rest of the group soured, with Waters suing over the rights to the Pink Floyd name.

Gilmore, Mason and Wright continued to record and tour as Pink Floyd, releasing their last studio album The Division Bell in 1994.

someGOD said:
PINK FLOYD To Reform For London Live 8 Concert [Rock Hard - 05.06.12 11:29:55]

The following report is courtesy of Reuters:

Four members of seminal British rock band PINK FLOYD will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

The rock legends will join a star-studded line-up including VELVET REVOLVER, ELTON JOHN and PAUL MCCARTNEY at the Live 8 concert in Hyde Park, organised by activist rocker Bob Geldof to pressure rich nations to ease African poverty.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," said Gilmour.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

The band released their first album The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn in 1967 and broke records with 1973's The Dark Side Of The Moon, which remained in the American album charts for more than a decade.

In the 1980s relations between Waters and the rest of the group soured, with Waters suing over the rights to the Pink Floyd name.

Gilmore, Mason and Wright continued to record and tour as Pink Floyd, releasing their last studio album The Division Bell in 1994.

Holy shit...the seventh sign!!!! :OMG:

well if this is what he wants to do to keep himself entertained, so be it. if he didn't feel like doing it then he wouldn't. there's plenty other ways for him to cash in some more.

I have one question: Why is Gene teaching classically trained young musicians? They are probably 100 times more talented then him in that respect.

oh gene's quite talented enough. most kiss songs are no indication of that, but there are exceptions. plus just listen to some wicked lester, gene and paul's band before kiss. good folky stuff. and he does know how to teach. he was a professor, of english i believe, before kiss.

So. Basically I can rewatch School of Rock, picture Gene Simmons as Jack Black (only uglier) and not even have to watch Rock Star? Thanks, I can cross something off of my list to do!