GEOFF TATE Names 'Most Inspirational Musician' He Has Ever Worked With

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former QUEENSRŸCHE and current OPERATION: MINDCRIME singer Geoff Tate was recently interviewed by AntiHero Magazine. You can now watch the chat below. Asked to name the most inspirational musician he has ever worked with, Tate said: "Oh, wow! Inspirational… I would say probably Michael Kamen. He was a classical orchestrator and a writer and a musician who I worked with several times over the years. And he was just very musical. He really had insight into music and really loved the music for the purity of it and the art of it. He didn't give a shit about what anybody else thought. He just liked what he liked and he did what he liked. And I really respect people who have that kind of vision and fortitude, really." Tate is celebrating the 30th anniversary of QUEENSRŸCHE's "Operation: Mindcrime" album on his current European tour. Geoff was fired from QUEENSRŸCHE in 2012. He has since been replaced by former CRIMSON GLORY singer Todd La Torre. Tate recently recorded a brand-new song in support of charity. All proceeds from the track, which is titled "I've Seen The Way The Wind Blows", will benefit MercyWatch, a nonprofit focused on outreach to the homeless community in Snohomish County, located in the U.S. state of Washington, where Tate lives with his family. "A New Reality", the third and final of a concept album trilogy from Geoff's OPERATION: MINDCRIME project, was made available in December.

Continue reading...