Geoff Tate

N

NoRehearsal

Just curious. Has anybody checked out the new Geoff Tate CD? I am loving it. It's funny because the first thing I noticed was he kind of laid back on the vocals, not alot of high stuff. After getting used to this, the songs are really great. Excellent melodies & lyrics which I guess are all written by Tate (no writing credits on CD, so who knows?). It also shows G.T.'s own style and covers some different musical areas - does not sound like a Queensryche album (in fact, I like it alot better than post-Promised Land QR). Some prog fans & drummers may have a problem with the use of drum loops in some songs, but if you like good melodies/lyrics or fan of Tate's voice, definately worth getting.

And no, I have no idea what this has to do with Enchant :) I'm guessing some Enchant fans may also be fans of Queensryche & Geoff Tate, and this is the first album I've really enjoyed from either in about 8 years.

What's up Marc

Hey Tate is the man in the Enchant camp, Queensryche is a big influence on all of us. What pipes! that man is amazing. I will be checking this out for sure.

We were very close to being his support band for this tour and may still open in SF? or Seattle? we hope? not sure about that yet? So the review is way cool and it actually ends up having something to do with us. Much more than all these crazy prog bands that we don,t really know of or would ever listen too? There are so many of them? Boring as Hell same stuff and horrible vocals! I will take excellent melodies

Hi Ed, to be honest, I discovered Queensryche with Operation : Mindcrime, 3 years ago ! At first I didn't like it and put it in a corner for a while, as time passes by, I re-started to listen to it again and then I fell in love with the band !

So yes, Geoff Tate is the man I truly adore the singer and I'm sure the human being is as good as the vocalist.

But to me, the best vocalist ever is Freddie Mercury (RIP champion) and Queen was the band that took into the music spiral and with them I started to play music

What about you guys…_What do you think of a band like Queen ?

btw Doug (and I may do a wonderful mistake so please forgive me) sometimes your guitar sound reminds me of Brian May …_;-) can you confirm ?

Dan - Drums, percussion & backing vocals
www.cyberconscience.com
ICQ 98336463

Hello Ed!

Glad to hear you guys are into Queensryche too, and it would be great if you opened for Goeff Tate.. I would definately try to get to that show! We have so many similar tastes, I wish I lived on the west coast so I could audition for keyboardist, but.. I'm pretty much a lifetime New Yorker I think. I agree with you 100% about some of the progressive bands.

And Dan.. I love Queen! Think they were one of the most original bands ever, and definately one of my all-time favorites. I would not touch the vocal comparison between Mercury & Tate. I will say that I saw Queensryche play in a small club in early days (for Rage for Order album), and Goeff Tate used to hit every note on the albums, and some higher! I know he doesn't do that anymore, but it was amazing to see.

- Marc

i agree with you about geoff's solo album, the songs are very melodic and very catchy, some of the ballad songs remind me of rage 4 order material, i saw him here in houston a month ago and the show kicked ass, the band was also awesome although they were an odd bunch, aside from the new stuff, they did a good job playing queensryche material here and there like the real world, great song !!!

I'm on a kinda Queensryche spending spree at the moment. I bought the two DVDs the other week and picked up the Geoff Tate cd yesterday.... I love it...such an assured and confidant performance from him...and I LOVE the style of the cd... definitely one worth having :)