George Carlin on Political Philosophy

Anvil

Brain Bubbled
Jun 2, 2004
Since I thought it'd be time for some funny stuff, here's a link to a George Carlin interview, where he talks about Political philosophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRBRqtcySg

I've always found George Carlin to be very funny, and bright nonetheless, and his standpoints have always been very interesting. Although he is very biased, and very serious, he can incorporate some great humor into each and every part of it.

George Carlin, to me, is by far, the #1 comedian of the 20th, and 21st century.

AnvilSnake said:
Since I thought it'd be time for some funny stuff, here's a link to a George Carlin interview, where he talks about Political philosophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfRBRqtcySg

I've always found George Carlin to be very funny, and bright nonetheless, and his standpoints have always been very interesting. Although he is very biased, and very serious, he can incorporate some great humor into each and every part of it.

George Carlin, to me, is by far, the #1 comedian of the 20th, and 21st century.

I really like him too. Is he the best comedian of the last two centuries? Thats a pretty big statement, and one I disagree with. HE's certaintly one of the most influential.

Bill Hicks, ALL the way for me. He's sublime. Although he's a poster child for the disaffected youth and largely misunderstood, much like nietzsche - as some mentioned before.

I enjoy Carlin a great deal too. I have an interview with him, allow me to read it later (it waxes philosophical) and I perhaps may have more to say :)

derek said:
Bill Hicks, ALL the way for me. He's sublime. Although he's a poster child for the disaffected youth and largely misunderstood, much like nietzsche - as some mentioned before.

I enjoy Carlin a great deal too. I have an interview with him, allow me to read it later (it waxes philosophical) and I perhaps may have more to say :)

Yeah I like Bill Hicks alot too. Alot of well-known comedians have basically ripped him off. Denis Leary (who I love, and is a quite good actor and T.V. show writer, and who I look alot like) basically has the same set as Hicks. And you got old Lenny Bruce, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Seinfeld, and so on. I'd like to see a Andy Kaufman comedy set, as I love him in Taxi. Live, I havent seen anyone funnier than Robin Williams; as he just riffs better than anyone. I really dont know if he has many set jokes when he goes on stage, and that to me, is the essence of funny: when a guy can make things up in a split second and be absolutely hilarious doing so.

speed said:
Live, I havent seen anyone funnier than Robin Williams; as he just riffs better than anyone. I really dont know if he has many set jokes when he goes on stage, and that to me, is the essence of funny: when a guy can make things up in a split second and be absolutely hilarious doing so.

I personally don't like Robin Williams, he's too political in his comedy. Live, Yakov Smirnov is the best. He's hilarious.

Anyone see that movie "One Hour Photo" with Williams? Really weird; reminded me of a guy I knew whose family disowned him so he had no family and he like, tried to bud into other peoples family and one family actually let him in and accepted him for a bit until they eventually disowned him too so he lost two whole families but that didn't stop him though it must have been a blow to his self-esteem.

.....I lost my train of thought.

AnvilSnake said:
I personally don't like Robin Williams, he's too political in his comedy. Live, Yakov Smirnov is the best. He's hilarious.

Yeah, thats why I hate picking a no1 in anything, because its all a matter of taste--and even ones taste, changes.

That was the first time I've ever heard Carlin. Glad you put that on, Anvil Snake, it was very entertaining. :kickass: I haven't heard of half the comedians mentioned including Hicks!

AnvilSnake said:
Yep no prob.

He was actually rated #2 on the Comedy Central's top 100 stand-up comedians of all time.

Richard Pryor took first place.

http://www.amiannoying.com/(35hqusq0hneey2ivpxumq3bc)/collection.aspx?collection=2970

One honorable mention I forgot, is Rodney Dangerfield.

Rodney pretty much founded stand-up comedy. Those lists drive me crazy. I dont think Richard Pryor is no 1. And I sure the hell dont care if a T.V. program said he was. I hope people arent going to start quoting VH1 soon.

I just remember a special on that list, so I googled it.

I also don't believe Richard Pryor hits #1, I've seen a couple of his stand-up shows, and I didn't find him funny.

No mention of Eddie Izzard? What the fuck is up with that? If you like a comedian that can come up with bits on the spot, Izzard is your man.