George Lynch The Lost Anthology

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
George Lynch-The Lost Anthology
4 out of 5
By: SIXX “Mr. Scary” SWINE

Deadline Music at it again, in the last couple of years they have dug up material that was demoed by Hollywood Rose, L.A. Guns, also Stephen Pearcy’s early incarnation of Ratt, in addition numerous other types of compilations, live records and tributes. Deadline are a work in progress, they try to put out quality stuff but at times fall short, as result of poor editing and misplaced info in the liners.
This time around they unleash George Lynch-The Lost Anthology, like many I too was a bit skeptical about was inside this double disc 30 track anthology. Would it be another low-fi product just to make a quick buck? Disc one is a look into Lynch’s beginnings, it features stuff from The Boyz, Xciter, of the two previously mentioned, Xciter really shows signs of greatness. George at times sounds early Eddie Van Halen, the band it’s self sounds very VH influenced. The next band on this disc is Dokken, these tracks are superb, great stuff that was unearthed from Deadline! The highlights on disc one the Xciter version of “Paris is Burning,” “Heartless Heart,” “House of Fire,” and “I’ve Been Waiting for You, also the six Dokken tracks which includes “Cry Again,” an instrumental from the Back for the Attack sessions also an unreleased track from the Shadow Life sessions, called “When the Good Die Young.”
Moving onto disc two of The Lost Anthology, this disc features an array of different projects, some subpar Lynch Mob Mach II, something new from Stonehouse, which featured Saigon Kick singer Matt Kramer, that material is the strongest on disc two. Next up, is misc. appearances on tributes, an instrumental and a collaboration with Icarus Witch. The highlights of disc two, The Stonehouse’s “Closer,” “Deepen,” “ If GOD Could Hear Me Now,” “ Nothing,” the instrumental “Dust,” The Lynch and Vince Neil version of “Paranoid,” and the Lynch and Icarus Witch rendition of “S.A.T.O.”
Overall, this is a great collection of tracks at a reasonable price! If you are a demo junkie like me, you’ll love hearing the stuff The Boyz, Xciter and Dokken, it’s far from the quality of today’s demos. The studio stuff smokes, it shows his growth as a song writer and musician. They tell the tale of the guy who should have gotten more credit that he received.

Platinum Maze said:
This IS pretty cool. Though the highlight for me is the live version of Turn On The Action from 88 or so....

Have you heard the Live Lynch Mob DVD that they put out a year or so ago?
I haven't seen it, but I'm curious how the gig is and the quality of the show?
Also have you heard the REVolution cd? Pretty good stuff, features Robert Mason, who was stronger singer than Oni Logan...

sixxswine said:
Have you heard the Live Lynch Mob DVD that they put out a year or so ago?
I haven't seen it, but I'm curious how the gig is and the quality of the show?
Also have you heard the REVolution cd? Pretty good stuff, features Robert Mason, who was stronger singer than Oni Logan...

Sorry so late, my computer time has been limited lately. I've heard REvolution and it's pretty cool, but I prefer the original versions of all those songs. The first 2 Lynch Mob albums are legendary, IMO.

I think they're both great, but I prefer Logan. Mason was better live though.

My friend has the dvd. It's pretty good from what I remember.

sixxswine said:
I like Mason better, Oni was a "poser." Mason was no frills, don't get me wrong I liked th first record, but Like Mason better as a singer.
Did you know he toured with Ozzy on several occasions? He use to be behind a curtain, singing for Ozzy...

I did not know that about Mason. Don't get me wrong either. I love the 2nd album as much as the first. It's often hard to decide.

I agree about Oni. It still puzzles me that his career - other than the first Lynch Mob - has been so uneventful. Such a waste of talent.

Platinum Maze said:
I did not know that about Mason. Don't get me wrong either. I love the 2nd album as much as the first. It's often hard to decide.

I agree about Oni. It still puzzles me that his career - other than the first Lynch Mob - has been so uneventful. Such a waste of talent.

Well, he did have a band for a while with that "kid" that Dio had in his band...
Rowan? I think that was his name. Anyway, Oni was the singer, heard some of the demos, sounded great to me, but it seems they never put out a record? That was a shame...