Get Thrashed To Hit LA Film Festival

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
Get Thrashed to hit LA
Category: Music

GET THRASHED: THE STORY OF THRASH METAL TO MAKE WEST COAST PREMIERE AT THE 2007 SILVER LAKE FILM FESTIVAL

Following successful screenings and rave reviews at film festivals in London, Austin, and Philadelphia, the makers of Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal are proud to announce that the documentary will be screening in the MusicFest portion of the Silver Lake Film Festival in Los Angeles. The film will screen on Saturday night, May 5th, at 11:45 pm at the Los Feliz 3 Theatre located at 1822 North Vermont Avenue, LA, CA 90027. Tickets and schedule info can be found at www.silverlakefilmfestival.org

"I am totally stoked to be able to bring Get Thrashed to LA," said director Rick Ernst. "So many metal fans from the area have been asking to see the film and of course, so many great thrash bands came out of the LA scene - from Slayer to Suicidal, Hirax to Dark Angel - and so many more. I can't wait for LA to Get Thrashed!"

"Thrash was the perfect fusion of our passion for the musical skills of European metal but with the attitude of punk and hardcore," said bassist David Ellefson, currently a member of Temple Of Brutality and F5. "This film is a like a family reunion of all the key players from the scene and documents the huge impact we had on today's music. We helped give metal its musical and lyrical credibility and respect for the generations to follow. With this, we finally created a credible style of metal that we could dub "Made in the USA". I'm glad to see Thrash metal finally getting its due."

Since it was established in 1999, the Silver Lake Film Festival, a nonprofit organization, has showcased the works of hundreds of independent next-generation as well established filmmakers. Among the filmmakers who have participated in and whose motion pictures have been showcased at the festival are Penelope Spheeris (The Decline of Western Civilization), Gregg Araki (The Doom Generation), Justin Lin (The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift), Stuart Gordon (Masters of Horror) and many others. The 7th Annual Silver Lake Film Festival, May 3-12, 2007 in venues throughout Los Angeles, will honor among its Spirit of Silver Lake recipients the filmmaking couple Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, co-directors of the critically- acclaimed independent film "Little Miss Sunshine."

www.getthrashed.com

www.silverlakefimfestival.org

On Cinco de Mayo? Too many drunks on the road dammit. Anyway I'm buying the DVD if when it is distributed. Fuck I'm old.

Thanks Ted and thanks for the PM.

SON A OF BITCH

I Was so going When i REad it til i Saw the DAte

5 of May

Cinco De Fucken mayo

Thats When My Prom Is

More Info

GET THRASHED WEST COAST PREMIERE
Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal will be screening in the MusicFest portion of the Silver Lake Film Festival in Los Angeles on Saturday night, May 5th, at 11:45 pm at the Los Feliz 3 Theatre located at 1822 North Vermont Avenue, LA, CA 90027. Tickets and schedule info can be found at www.silverlakefilmfestival.org.

The GET THRASHED journey begins in the early 80s, where Metallica and several other bands laid the groundwork for what would become a lasting impression on the face of heavy metal music. These bands helped ignite local scenes in Los Angeles, the Bay area of California and New York City, which helped fuel a worldwide thrash metal movement. By the dawn of the 1990’s, thrash bands had gone from playing backyard barbeque parties to headlining arenas and Metallica were on their way to becoming one of the biggest metal acts of all time. But as legions of headbanging, stage diving and moshing metalheads were flocking to see their favorite bands, the tides had begun to change. In the early 1990’s, a changing musical landscape sent thrash spiraling back into the underground. Some of the musicians passed away, some returned to their day jobs and some bands broke up. While the music lived on, the scene was forever changed.

Get Thrashed traces the rise, fall and impact of thrash metal; from its early years, through its influence on grunge, nu metal and today’s heavy metal scene. It is the story of the heaviest, hardest music of the 80s and early 90s as told by the bands who lived it, the fans and bands that grew up on it and by the artists that carry the “thrash metal” flag today. The documentary throws new light on an overlooked, yet incredible music scene and how it went from a simple rumbling in the underground to a loud, obnoxious and constant roar in the (almost) mainstream.

Click here to see the Get Thrashed trailer

Click here for daily updates on Get Thrashed on MySpace

ALENT: the show features interviews with Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, Godsmack, Hatebreed, Megadeth, Testament, Overkill, Death Angel, Shadows Fall, Meshuggah, In Flames, Strapping Young Lad, Stone Sour, Superjoint Ritual, Lamb of God, Vio-lence, Kreator, Sodom, Destruction , Nuclear Assault, Voivod, Chimaira, Biohazard, Fozzy/WWE Superstar Chris Jericho, Sepultura, Kittie, The Haunted, DRI, Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, Heathen, Hirax, Brian Slagel, Jon & Marsha Zazula, authors Ian Christe (Sound of the Beast) & Steven Blush (American Hardcore), NY metal radio DJ Eddie Trunk, Rampage Radio's Ron Quintana, KNAC's DJ Will and featuring the music of: Osmium, Concrete Coffin, Viscid, Nocturnal Fear, Steve Cone, Exit To Eternity, Kaos, Response Negative, URTO, THE LAW & KRONIN.

The new Metal Edge has a several page write-up on the history of thrash, some great pics. Didn't read all the article but I'm sure it's connected to the movie. I gotta see this. Some great old pics of Thrax on tour, check it out.