Getting closer to that new Armored Saint release!

You and me both.
I'm a long time Saint fan.
Just when I thought John Bush was done with Anthrax and could focus on the Saint, it looks like he's going back to do the new CD with them.

I was always a casual AS fan.
Liked what I have heard but never dug deep.
They were always C level US metal, for some reason.
Kind of like Grim Reaper.

Anyhow, the point I wanted to make is that a while back I saw Anthrax when Bush was fronting them, and Bush was the ONLY positive thing I can say about that specific Anthrax performance.

I was always a casual AS fan.
Liked what I have heard but never dug deep.
They were always C level US metal, for some reason.
Kind of like Grim Reaper.

Anyhow, the point I wanted to make is that a while back I saw Anthrax when Bush was fronting them, and Bush was the ONLY positive thing I can say about that specific Anthrax performance.

I love me some Grim Reaper too.

Last time I saw Anthrax was 96 or 97, opening for Pantera. At the end of their awesome set, Phil came out on stage and helped them cover Celtic Frost's 'Dethroned Emperor'... talk about an awesome end to an awesome set!

I'm dating myself with this memory, but back in 1987 (I believe :)) I saw Armored Saint along with Helloween and Grim Reaper on the Hell on Wheels Tour at some dive (possibly a roller rink/warehouse) in the Quad Cities (IL/IA). Real intimate setting and the concert totally ripped. I would love to see them on stage again...Delirious Nomad is my personal fave but you can't go wrong with anything in their catalogue.

Me as well! I always loved Armoured Saint, but for whatever reason, the big breakthrough just never found them. But I love em!:kickass:
I can't wait for this disc as I love the traditional analog sounds of old, so this album will be right up my alley. Glenn, any chance to have them at a PP one year? just asking..............:)

I purchased my first Armored Saint cassette in 1985. I still like them but Armored Saint hasn't been the same since Dave Prichard died. Dave Prichard (R.I.P. 27 November 1963 - 27 February 1990, leukemia). If you've ever seen Dave Prichard play live you would know how much he loved Metal and how much he loved playing the guitar. His energy was awesome, I can't even put it into words... here this video will give you an idea.

daveprichard2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I read the interview with Joey Vera and some information on onther sites and yes "La Raza" it's getting closer to us after 10 years.

I'm as excited as the rest of you folks! Armored Saint was always an underrated band in my book. As much as I enjoy their classic albums, I absolutely loved Revelation. I was fortunate enough to catch them live twice after they reunited for that album. I hope they'll be able to tour for this new album as well.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I never got into their early stuff, but loved Revelation and still get psyched when those songs show up on the shuffle. I am looking forward to this. Bush has an excellent voice.

Aaahhhh...Armored Saint...awesome band live and some of the nicest guys to grace this (sometimes) disgraceful business...

I would support these guys if they just sat around farting in the studio.

Wait...let me rephrase that....oh never mind...!

Rock on!

Great band, I was fortunate to see 'em way back in '85 with Saxon and met Dave Prichard, a super nice guy who left us way too soon. Looking forward to the new material!

I found this thread from 2009! There is some quality info contained including some history of the band, my memories of the time I saw them back on the Hell on Wheels tour circa 1987 (which absolutely smoked!), AND, check out the 3 year old clue from Glenn. Looks like The Saint has been on the PPUSA radar for quite some time. :kickass: