Getting ready for SoCal and San Jose!

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick post here, we've been rehearsing with Forbidden since last Thursday, getting ready for 4 upcoming shows:

Thursday March 26th at The Key Club, Hollywood, Ca
Friday March 27th at The Jumping Turtle, San Marcos (San Diego), Ca
Saturday March 28th at Angel's Roadhouse, Yucaipa (Riverside),Ca
Friday April 3rd at the Voodoo Lounge, San Jose,Ca

Craig Locicero and I went over a lot of the material together on Skype, and got a lot accomlpished in a very short time, as in addition to learning these songs, we've also been working with the band on new material, of which I will contribute my input to very soon here.

I've learned 12 songs in 3 days so far with the band, which tends to typically be me, I suppose, but let me tell you, some of these songs are CRAZY to learn! We're doing a healthy amount of songs from the Twisted Into Form album, and some of these songs have the craziest variations and riffing, but I'm finally feeling confident enough that I have everything going. Some of these songs are more involved than anything I ever played with any previous band I was associated with, I know that! Not to mention all the great solos of Tim Calvert and Glenn Alvelias! In my usual fashion, I am staying as true as I can to the originals, but also adding my own touches (with strong encouragement from the band, I might add) to each of these.

If you're in any of these areas, come on out to the show! It's guaranteed to be a heavy,thrashing, headbanging experience! In other words: IT'S GOING TO BE A HELL OF A LOT OF FUN!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I'll post again soon after the first show is done, and keep everyone updated on what's going on. Stay tuned!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hey Steve,

Just heard the awesome news that you are back and are in fine return to form. Congratulations!!!

Seems like only yesterday (well, 10 years ago), we were at your pad on Neotomas, jamming with with Stacy in the dining room, you showing us the licks to Whole Lotta Rosie.

Hopefully me and the boys can get down to see one of you shows with Forbidden. Always wishing you well.

Take care,

David

"A healthy amount of songs from Twisted Into Form" - That'd be the whole album :lol:

Good luck, it sounds like you're stoked, and trust me, we the fans are just as excited about seeing the new look Forbidden. Here's hoping I'll be able to travel down from Scotland for the London gig.

FUCKING LOVE FORBIDDEN \m/

Thanks guys! I do appreciate it!

Garland, how are ya man? Ha ha, that was years ago brother! Hope all is well with you and the rest of the guys, and hope you're all still jamming!:headbang:

Caveman, good to hear you'll make it to the show! I know we'll tour behind the album once we've finished writing it,etc., but it's good to hear you'll make it all the way down! Bring some friends!:headbang:

While I am busy with Forbidden, stay tuned for more news on my new metal band I am in the process of forming a new band in the UK as well, more on this soon!:headbang::headbang::headbang: